Julie de Libran Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Paris

What is going on with the French and their ever-lowering of standards in Couture…??? First that Kerby person; Charles de Vilmorin and his mid-west America theatre kidz and their budget DIY costumes; and now this woman and her local dressmaker skills who’s learned heavy embroidery and embellishment is Couture now… The plague of American outlet-mall mediocrity influence that all started with the Jacquemus person... :sigh:

Is she auditioning for a job at Chanel???

From the thumbnails its giving more ready to wear but upon clicking I was able to appreciate the detail and impeccable tailoring.

Showing at this time of the year is a total gimmick but she isn’t as offensive to me as Valli and his cotton candy monstrosities or poor lazy and colorblind Virginie.

I love checking her collection for a good laugh. She never disappoints. :shifty:

Never liked her, ever since her Vuitton days. She's just another MGC, making Vanessa Bruno or Massimo Dutti at couture prices.

She ran Sonia Rykiel to the ground, do we really need to see her leftovers from Rykiel parading as HC? She is still better than Virginie though lol

The only good thing from the shows is the footwear - all sponsored by Manolo.

I like the intimate atmosphere of showing in her own house, but there is really nothing to say about the clothes except the Chanel ones has the cool attitude that Virgine fails to do.

I somehow have a problem with her offerings because I'd rather see her doing something in the contemporary price range instead of this demi-couture project. It's very easy to understand and wear, but at the same time it's too quiet in a way.

I understand it, and obviously something is working because she continues to show her collections. I get it, her Couture appeal to the Parisienne who likes beautiful things but doesn’t necessarily recognize herself in what the big maisons are proposing or who cannot afford a Armani jacket or a Chanel dress.

But her proposition still feels poor. There’s a lack of sophistication in this.

I remember when Vanessa Seward was at Azzaro, she did RTW but her approach was very much Couture. It felt easy to wear and it was easy to understand but it was elevated.

I mean, the sequined jacket looks sloppy. I’m sure at the price of her Couture I can go to Martin Grant and find a treasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markrokusek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->