Junya Watanabe S/S 2003 Paris

i found this so far
http://www.vogue.co.jp/collection/ss02rtw/paris/index.jsp?designer=Junya+Watanabe

468jw.jpg

junya_watanabeS0202_ci.asp
junya_watanabeS0201_ci.asp
junya_watanabeS0203_ci.asp

junya_watanabeS0204_ci.asp
junya_watanabeS0205_ci.asp
junya_watanabeS0206_ci.asp

Jan 3, 2002/ FW/ --- Junya Watanabe showed another winning collection last Spring 2002 season in Paris.

A Protégé of Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garçons, Junya Watanabe struck out on his own in 1994. He has continued to titillate fashionistas with his innovative and cutting edge design.

Spring 2002 is a very feminine collection, based on two contrasting themes - the American cowboys and the very urban Annie Hall.

Updating Annie Hall for the 21st century, the designer created flowing ankle-length skirts matched with blazers.

The beauty lies in the use of prints that would look incongruent if handled by inexperienced hands. With Junya Watanabe's masterful execution, it became a beautiful fashion fusion. The designer also made the cowgirl feminine, with his flowing denim skirts and dresses. You could definitely use it to two step, but you could also wear it to go to lunch and not feel out of place in the city's lunchtime crowd.

from fashionwindows

Thanks, travolta. Too bad you can't see the fashion windows pictures.

i love how the hat looks so fantastical..but when you look closer it is just a swirling pattern --it's really quite simple.

i remember softgrey posting a thread about
what one would wear with that white dress that she has...
it's such a beautiful dress that i'd be loathe to really accessorise it too much
for fear of detracting from it.

Ooh, transformable fashion!

I feel like I'd be easily amused by playing with all the straps. I'm sure they're actually functioning, and not just mere surface-decoration.

I'll always be confused as to why the ladies get all this...and all the guys get is, like, denim with random patches and a bowler hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->