JW Anderson Menswear F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jan 23, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

3. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

The struggle is real.

susseinmcswanny and RedSmokeRise like this.
  4. bc collector

bc collector Well-Known Member

Oh Lord, why is it so hard for this guy to find the right spot between the outrageous/gimmicky and the basic/pedestrian?
    Yet in the past there were glimpses of him pointing in the right direction...
    Everytime I stumble upon the JWA selection on the major e-tail sites, I'm slightly appalled at how dull it looks, especially compared to the catwalk line-up.
    And he's one of the main culprits of this contemporary taste for an infantile aesthetic that never ceases to get on my nerves.

Phuel, RedSmokeRise and jeanclaude like this.
  5. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

I have a laugh reading the captions, but yeah sorry Anderson it's a little pretentious this season. I obviously hate the pants because not only it ugly it's also impractical. Also not feeling the knitted neck protector. Maybe he need to add someone to his team to help him refine his creativity. I'm pretty sure half of these clothes won't even make it to the retailers beside the outerwear and the sweaters anyway. Overall it's a miss for me this season.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  6. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

His work at his own brand and Loewe are really starting to blend into one....

bc collector and RedSmokeRise like this.
  7. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

This guy is nuts...

8. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

i literally giggled looking at this. I find him to be one of the most overrated designers around, even though i sometimes enjoy what he does for loewe... but this? LOL

Phuel, jeanclaude and RedSmokeRise like this.
  9. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

10. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Between his Uniqlo collection, his work for Loewe and his own brand, JWA is surely the designer I’ve bought the most clothes from for the whole 2020 year....Yet, when I see this kind of pretentious non-sense, I’m a little bit puzzled by my own choices.

Thank god for the navy blue dress because this whole thing is a mess.

I think JW lacks in humor and he thinks this kinda make up for it. But it’s beyond pretentious and annoying. It’s a pity because he has great ideas and the quality at his own brand has improved. If he gets rid of his gimmicks and concentrate on the only thing that matters, he can be just great.

11. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

The video explaining his process. Which is...just as pretentious as you'd imagine!

A weird spot to be in. It's like he's regressing back to his very very early work except for this time on a much higher budget. The results are somehow worse though. He needs to get out of his own bubble.

Phuel, TaylorBinque, entten and 3 others like this.
  12. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

The clothes and the pictures are again that category of so bad that they try to sell it as "creative" or even worse, "art".
    This is at best on a level of 2nd year at Central Saint Martins. BFA.

13. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

What I find the worst on JWA is that he wouldn't be caught dead wearing these clothes. It's clear he has no passion for what he does. I believe his aesthetic is a pure calculated cash-grabbing scheme that was supposed to hype him and give him a cozy place in a big company.

maimon, Phuel, JohannesL and 3 others like this.
  14. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

there are 3 interesting looks (Men’s silver coat, Women’s white outfit and black dress). that’s it.

he seemed so promising...

15. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

He has completely lost his mind, he was doing so good at his brand and Loewe and suddenly (after that tragic women's spring show for the latter) it's all gone to hell. I believed in him...

The trousers are more than ridiculous, the droopy silhouette unappealing and the leg-of-mutton sleeves just tired. I agree with WAVES on the few redeeming outfits though...

Phuel, WAVES, Lola701 and 2 others like this.
  16. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

A perfect summary of everything I presently dislike about the fashion industry. How this guy managed to find resonance in the zeitgeist is still beyond my imagination today when other more than capable designers enjoy by far less attention than him...

Blackalicious, Phuel and jeanclaude like this.
  17. entten

entten Active Member

he tries so hard to be arty farty. its cringy fremdschämen for me

18. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

When you tried so hard and nothing clicked. Maybe try less and try not to pretend. He had done it before.

Lola701, RedSmokeRise and entten like this.