Kacey Carrig

Ermanno Scervino S/S 2014 Milan (O)

fashionising.com via marcbarna

The new fifth issue of Man of The World magazine features Kacey Carrig, James Lasky, Zak Steiner and Ben Waddell in the grooming story 'Cut', photographed by Randall Mesdon and styled by Bill Mullen with hair by Thom Priano and makeup by John McKay.

homotography.blogspot.com

Take a look at Parke & Ronen‘s SS14 Backstage photographed by Hadar Pitchon during New York Fashion Week, in exclusive for ****ing Young!

****ingyoung.es

N2kHzBG.jpg
In our ongoing series, Model in the Spotlight, we get up close and personal with the world's leading male models.

In the world of male modeling, the story of the young, unassuming kid from the suburbs that gets spotted and spirited away to fashion land appears to be a recurring theme. (Remember Joe Collier?) That's certainly the case with Kacey Carrig, a New Jersey-native who still feels starstruck by his newfound profession. Then again, when your breakout moment is a Versace campaign with Kate Moss and Joan Smalls, can you really blame him?

Height: 6' 3"

Hometown: Shamong, New Jersey

Agency: Ford

We have to ask: The Versace campaign with Kate Moss and Joan Smalls. What was your reaction when you heard you got that job?
I actually didn't book the campaign until about four days before, so I didn't know any of the details or who the other models were. It wasn't until I was in my hotel room in London the night before the first day of shooting that I saw the call sheet and found out who else booked the campaign. I literally did a triple take. My mouth dropped and I thought "Crap. I cannot mess up." Being the face of a Versace campaign next to Kate Moss and Joan Smalls definitely added some pressure. One is a legend and the other is the top model for women right now, and here I am some college student from Jersey. It was very surreal. I was also so excited I couldn't sleep.

Career highlight:
Booking back-to-back Versace campaigns.

Career lowlight:
Being asked to leave a shoot because I wasn't thin enough to fit in the clothes. I won't mention the client, but it definitely wasn't a good feeling.

The craziest thing you've ever been asked to model:
Walking down the runway for Parke & Ronen in just a speedo.

How do you stay in shape?
I go to the gym almost every day and do a lot of cardio and core work. Modeling doesn't require you to be very muscular and bulky, but as thin and lean as possible. Because I—like most people in this world—don't enjoy running, I try to play tennis and basketball as much as possible for my cardio.

If you could change one thing about your body, it would be:
My thunder thighs. Growing up I played tennis and basketball everyday so I'm stuck with big muscular thighs. If I wasn't modeling it wouldn't be an issue, but it's almost impossible to fit into most pants and jeans that clients give me.

Your go-to outfit:
White or black T-shirt, fitted jeans, boots, and a leather jacket.

Describe your personal style in three words:
Classic, contemporary, American.

The one item from your wardrobe you'd save in a fire:
My dark red leather jacket from the '80s that my dad gave me.

If you could raid anyone's closet, living or dead, whose would it be?
Steve McQueen. It's such a classic "cool" all-American look.

If you weren't a model, you'd be:
In marketing. I'm currently getting my degree in business marketing.

What's on your wrist:
My Michael Kors watch and miscellaneous bracelets.

The song/album/artist getting a lot of play on your iPod right now:
Both of my favorite artists—Drake and The Weeknd—because they both released their new albums in the same month.

Your best quality:
I always give people the benefit of the doubt.

Your worst quality:
I always give people the benefit of the doubt.

Best piece of advice you've ever received?
"God will never give you anything you can't handle." My mom always reminds me of this.
details.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balazsmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->