Kardashians copy Fendi?

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by lizbabe09, Feb 23, 2010.

1. lizbabe09

lizbabe09 New Member

[​IMG]

thelipstickdiaries

2. tanii94

tanii94 Active Member

Dress is a Fendi rip-off, shoes are an Alexander Wang copy.

3. Psst!It's...Evie

Psst!It's...Evie New Member

Yes, it looks like a copy although there really is no comparison quality and beauty wise. I would pick Fendi ANYDAY over the kardashians clothing.

4. 112fan

112fan New Member

i guess kim doesn't consider this a "knock-off"...it's "inspired"

Our Bebe Collection Hits the Runway at Fashion Week

Tags:

[​IMG] << PREVIOUSNEXT >>FULL SIZE+

Our Kardashian for [COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bebe[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] collection premiered at New York Fashion Week last week!!! It was so surreal seeing the pieces we all worked so hard on together being shown off on the runway. We had seen them on the hanger, but to see them modeled by such [COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]beautiful[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] runway models in front of an audience was just amazing. I've seen some talk online about certain pieces 'knocking off' other designer's pieces and I'd like to share a little piece of fashion wisdom... the [COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]clothes[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] you see in the chain stores at your mall are all inspired by designer, runway fashion!!! What stores like Bebe do is take runway fashion and use it as inspiration to create pieces that are wearable and accessible for everyone. To say any of our pieces are a knock off is like saying every item in every [COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]clothing [/FONT][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]store[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] in your mall is a knock off. Khloe, Kourtney and I are extremely proud of what we've created with Bebe and we hope we've made a collection that is wearable, affordable and will make you dolls feel fabulous when wearing it!!! Do you guys have a favorite piece??

source: kim kardashian's blog http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com/2010/02/our-bebe-collection-hits-the-r.php#comments

5. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

i'm one of those who can easily judge a collection by some socialites, celebs etc.

but seriously, a leather corset is nothing new, nor is a hooded dress ..........
    don't fashion journalists have better to do ??? like write columns, or a book, even ???

this is really tiring ....

6. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict Well-Known Member

Journalists? Hah! :lol:

People copy all the time. It is what it is & I agree. Very, very tiring.

#6 MissMagAddict, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Sarahh: Feb 24, 2010
  7. KhaoticKharma

KhaoticKharma Amour Comme Hiver

Honestly? The Kardashians for Bebe customer is probably not going to leave Bebe to hit up Fendi. And imitation is the highest form of flattery...

8. minxlove88X

minxlove88X New Member

everything has been done and tomorrow will be done again. x

9. lacrima

lacrima New Member

I think it's a coincidence! A hooded dress isn't a new thing, nor is a leather corset. Or placing it on top of a dress.
    And even if that isn't a coincidence - what ever. Everyone who has seen a REAL rip-off knows that that isn't even that bad.

10. Squizree

Squizree Looking Up

Why are people surprised? She's not exactly a fountain of inspiration to come up with anything original. I actually really like Kim Kardashian, she's cool and doesnt seem to care about fame all too much.

And I dont see the big deal. H&M, Zara and God knows who else have been copying designers for AGES. Kim just did it a bit more obviously.

And Alexander Wang copied Givenchy, which is a bigger crime than this to be honest.

#10 Squizree, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by moderator MyJadedSpirit: Mar 3, 2010