Kardashians copy Fendi?

lizbabe09

Reaction score
kim-fendi.jpg

It looks like someone may have borrowed some ideas from somebody else! Oops! I doubt the Kardashian’s were really actually designing many of their pieces for Bebe, but it still looks kind of bad! One of my favorite pieces from the Bebe line looks like a similar piece from Fendi’s RTW Fall 2010 collection. Not a good look! What do you think? Coincidence? Not?

thelipstickdiaries

Dress is a Fendi rip-off, shoes are an Alexander Wang copy.

Yes, it looks like a copy although there really is no comparison quality and beauty wise. I would pick Fendi ANYDAY over the kardashians clothing.

i guess kim doesn't consider this a "knock-off"...it's "inspired"

Our Bebe Collection Hits the Runway at Fashion Week

Tags:

<< PREVIOUSNEXT >>FULL SIZE+

Our Kardashian for [COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bebe[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] collection premiered at New York Fashion Week last week!!! It was so surreal seeing the pieces we all worked so hard on together being shown off on the runway. We had seen them on the hanger, but to see them modeled by such [COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]beautiful[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] runway models in front of an audience was just amazing. I've seen some talk online about certain pieces 'knocking off' other designer's pieces and I'd like to share a little piece of fashion wisdom... the [COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]clothes[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] you see in the chain stores at your mall are all inspired by designer, runway fashion!!! What stores like Bebe do is take runway fashion and use it as inspiration to create pieces that are wearable and accessible for everyone. To say any of our pieces are a knock off is like saying every item in every [COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]clothing [/FONT][COLOR=#3366cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]store[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] in your mall is a knock off. Khloe, Kourtney and I are extremely proud of what we've created with Bebe and we hope we've made a collection that is wearable, affordable and will make you dolls feel fabulous when wearing it!!! Do you guys have a favorite piece??

source: kim kardashian's blog http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com/2010/02/our-bebe-collection-hits-the-r.php#comments

i'm one of those who can easily judge a collection by some socialites, celebs etc.

but seriously, a leather corset is nothing new, nor is a hooded dress ..........
don't fashion journalists have better to do ??? like write columns, or a book, even ???

this is really tiring ....

i'm one of those who can easily judge a collection by some socialites, celebs etc.

but seriously, a leather corset is nothing new, nor is a hooded dress ..........
don't fashion journalists have better to do ??? like write columns, or a book, even ???

this is really tiring ....

Journalists? Hah! :lol:

People copy all the time. It is what it is & I agree. Very, very tiring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly? The Kardashians for Bebe customer is probably not going to leave Bebe to hit up Fendi. And imitation is the highest form of flattery...

I think it's a coincidence! A hooded dress isn't a new thing, nor is a leather corset. Or placing it on top of a dress.
And even if that isn't a coincidence - what ever. Everyone who has seen a REAL rip-off knows that that isn't even that bad.

Why are people surprised? She's not exactly a fountain of inspiration to come up with anything original. I actually really like Kim Kardashian, she's cool and doesnt seem to care about fame all too much.

And I dont see the big deal. H&M, Zara and God knows who else have been copying designers for AGES. Kim just did it a bit more obviously.

Dress is a Fendi rip-off, shoes are an Alexander Wang copy

And Alexander Wang copied Givenchy, which is a bigger crime than this to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->