Karl Criticizes Nicole

stylegurrl

Reaction score
Karl Lagerfeld Critical Of Chanel No 5 Model Nicole Kidman

Lagerfeild_Collection.jpg
LAGERFELD SLAMS KIDMAN BEAUTY 'ILLUSION'

KARL LAGERFELD has slammed NICOLE KIDMAN for her "bizarre body make-up" and false beauty - even though the actress fronts his CHANEL NO 5 advertising campaign.

The BIRTH beauty was paid a reported $3.8 million (£2 million) to appear in the perfume advert wearing five of the fashion designer's exclusive gowns, but he won't reveal the secret behind her public image.

Lagerfeld says, "She has this bizarre body make-up: endless legs and not very much in the way of breasts. What she shows to the world is not her.

"Her perfection is an illusion: she knows it and couldn't give a damn. There are recipes I can't divulge."

From Female First UK

is Karl on CRACK?? (i know, i know, probably, but STILL!!).

i dont doubt that a lot of her beuty is "made up" to make her look perfect in the public eye, but he shouldnt slam the actress in his ads for geezesakes' !!

KL is the very modern model of a modern major jerk.

All I can say is "Duh, Karl!" Who doesn't dress in order to flatter her body's best features and camoflauge her worst? There are dozens upon dozens of books instructing women on how to get the best clothes for their figure types. If the pretty Ms. Kidman does the same as most other women out there, and dresses to her strong points, then kudos to her, she's a sensible one!

Then again, what can we expect from a pinch-faced harpy in a rattail, who wears his shirt collars so tight he looks like his head was photoshopped on to a body drawn by Edward Gorey. The man must be suffering an awful lack of oxygen.

what an ***hole....dude should take of his sunglasses and realize that he aint exactly the world's most beautiful person

What exactly did he hope to gain by blabbing all that? Does he really think that people are so stupid as to think "oh, all the movie stars with their billions of dolllars look the way they do by nature alone" ???
how stupid does he think people are.
Personally, I am still reeling from what he said about how he doesn't like size 16 "fat women" buying his stuff in Hennes (which by the way, is on the sale rail at present in my local Hennes)
Twat. There I said it!:angry:

this is the height of hypocrisy, but then again it is karl.

miss puss...please refrain from the vulgarities...
check tfs posting policy...thank you... :wink: :heart:

but...what bizarre body make up?!?!?!...

i want to know!!!!...if karl calls it bizarre then it must be off the charts...HAHA...
all i can think of is to cover all her freckles...

we already knew she had no boobs...and needs a sandwich... ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
softgrey - i take it the 't' word is bad in the US.... its quite common here & although derogatory isn't that offensive....

...another language quirk.

on topic... i am not a fan of hers so I am biased but i imagine she isn't really like her photos portray her....how could anyone really be like that?

Karl is just a grumpy old men trying to piss everyone off. How dare him....

As You Like It said:
Then again, what can we expect from a pinch-faced harpy in a rattail, who wears his shirt collars so tight he looks like his head was photoshopped on to a body drawn by Edward Gorey. The man must be suffering an awful lack of oxygen.

That's hilarious...you are so right, his head is way too big for his body now! It looks so weird...why can't he see that?

I can't imagine what the body make up is, but I have noticed in a lot of photos that her hands are often extremely red - sometimes purpleish.

I never thought she was right for Chanel, it doesn't suit her imo...at all. She looks so much better in other designer's clothes.

My god, KARL IS SUCH A b*tch!!! :yuk:

She was beautieful enough to grace him on the latest Chanel PAP Runway and be in the Campaign and now he disses her!?! WHAT THE HELL!

It was the same when Wolfgang Joop booked Claudia Schiffer for the Joop Campaign 2 seasons ago and then dissed her for "being too thin"...

Why do Designers do that? They are practicly dissing theor own choices!!!

Softgray,

Nicole had admitted to wearing body make-up to public events because her skin is so pale and sallow that she looks ill in photographs without it.

helena said:
softgrey - i take it the 't' word is bad in the US.... its quite common here & although derogatory isn't that offensive....

...another language quirk.

on topic... i am not a fan of hers so I am biased but i imagine she isn't really like her photos portray her....how could anyone really be like that?

The word Twat isn't even used in North America. Most americans dont even know what it means. :rolleyes:

Jennika said:
Softgray,

Nicole had admitted to wearing body make-up to public events because her skin is so pale and sallow that she looks ill in photographs without it.

thx jennika... ^_^ :lol:

Lagerfeld says, "She has this bizarre body make-up: endless legs and not very much in the way of breasts. What she shows to the world is not her.

[/QUOTE]

Due to the fact there's a colon in that sentence, perhaps what he means by "make-up" is composition as opposed to cosmetics... not that I'd agree either way.

^ good observation. I think make-up in this context means compostion too because he talked about enless legs and "breasts". Hey...what's wrong with having ENDLESS legs...isn't that a good thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->