Chanel 'No. 5' Fragrance 2004 : Nicole Kidman by Patrick Demarchelier

Belowen

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Nicole Kidman has signed a $12 million deal to be the new face of perfume Chanel No 5. The actress, rumoured to be on the verge of announcing her engagement to Lenny Kravitz, will fly to Australia in December to film the Chanel ads with Moulin Rouge! director Baz Luhrmann behind the camera. "Ms Kidman was chosen because she represents a unique standard of elegance and embodies the spirit and modernity of Chanel," the company said in a statement. Chanel No 5, which was introduced in 1921, is today the world's top-selling perfume.

I think she will make a great face for Chanel N°5. :heart: Has anyone seen her black and white pictures taken by Karl? I'll try and find a few.

Thanks for the update, Belowen. :flower:

Well, here's one but it wasn't the one I was talking about.

nkidman_chanel03_B.jpg

I think it's interesting that Baz is involved! :buzz:

wow!
I think she will be perfect, she does embody elegance... I wonder if she is engaged to Lenny?!

Originally posted by Episternum@Oct 27th, 2003 - 11:36 am
She doesn't look elegant, she looks underfed and irritated. :kiss:
I don't think that's the actual picture :flower:

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 26th, 2003 - 10:40 pm
I think she will make a great face for Chanel N°5. :heart:

ditto!!

much better than JLo for LV imo :wacko:

Originally posted by Episternum@Oct 27th, 2003 - 7:36 pm
She doesn't look elegant, she looks irritated. :kiss:
ditto episternum :wink:
i really dont like her for Chanel :sick:

I'm not too keen on her for Chanel... they should have used someone like Emanuelle Beart instead.

When I first read this I thought you meant that Nicole Trunfio had got the Chanel ad campaigns!!!

Originally posted by Cicciolina@Oct 29th, 2003 - 2:09 am
When I first read this I thought you meant that Nicole Trunfio had got the Chanel ad campaigns!!!
:lol: That would certainly be a jump in the right direction!!!

Well,I can understand why they picked her for Chanel,she is a symbol of elegance and a classic beauty ..

i still dont get that. :shock:
i find CHANEL the most sophisticated, surviving label... and IMO it needs to be represented by someone french. just my opinion
i find nicole too far away from the idea of cHANEL

love the fact that she s working with the moulin rouge team coz she was really hot!

It's okay if Nicole is the face of Chanel, but it will really depend on how the ads are projected. :unsure:

Eh. Another case of an actress that was far better looking when she was younger, had her normal hair color, and hadn't been botoxed and starved into a pertrified parody of her former beauty.

(See: Uma Thurman.)

Nicole's got great style, I admit that. But she's looked much more beautiful.

And as for Chanel? She could look nice, I suppose.

Nicole seems good for chanel, she's elegant and beautiful. Speaking of chanel girl's I think their last girl, Anne Vyalitsyna, the Russian who starred in the Chanel Chance ads and in the print work for the perfume was beautiful too though

Hey...does anyone have an update on the Chanel commercial directed by Baz Lurhman featuring Nicole Kidman? I've heard nothing about it since it was first introduced

ugh... not another celeb advertising for fashion conglomerates :sick:

.. nope sorry haven't heard anything though.

its been shown in movie screens accross the country (UK) for a while now

i havent actually seen it, but i saw something about it on TV yesturday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->