Karl Lagerfeld-I'll Take Manhattan

I guess Karl is not very popular at the fashion spot, but he's iconic and a legend, he makes nice things at all price points and should be interesting to see what he comes up with for this diffusion line.

Well, I guess there's good reason to dislike him...surfboards? C'mon!

Arturo21 said:
Well, I guess there's good reason to dislike him...surfboards? C'mon!

^Haha, you're hilarious arturo, and you make a good point. I don't think that anyone can say that Karl Lagerfeld isn't a talented designer, but it does become really annoying when someone tries to become some sort of fashion Napolean, trying to achieve world domination at every price point, in every corner of the world. You can just picture Karl licking his lips at the thought (though, not a nice thought:sick: )! The fact that he has to put a huge logo on to a surfboard cheapens his talent, and makes it evident that it's all about ego for him.

That man does not need any more money. He was born a freakin' Kaiser, and he would never have had to work a minute in his life if he didn't want to. All the money he's made from designing Chloe, Ghost, Fendi, Chanel, etc. is like pocket money for him.

:smile: welcome to tFS yeni.. fashion Napoleon suits Karl so well :wink:

absolutely ..non?
bring me a fan please :D

I don't often have the chutzpah to post in a thread with people who really know design like you folks do, but I can't resist saying the following in all caps:

ANYBODY MY AGE WHO CAN KEEP COMING UP WITH NEW IDEAS AIN'T ALL BAD!

We all know that the blood of virgin designers goes to feed the Kaiser's veins to keep his perpetual youth.

More seriously though, I seem to remember Kit saying that while he prefers YSL to Karl, they both come from the same generation of designers but Karl is still designing whereas YSL is idling about fuming over having to sell his company. (if Kit sees this thread he can probably give a more exact quote)

Emery, how nice to see you here :flower:
you would be right of course in case this is happening,
but i think its more his design teams that do his work for him :wink:

*true your highness, Yves and Karl are the same generation, but i surely can't see anything wrong with Yves retiring, fashion is no playground, one can/should* get fed up at somepoint

*under normal circumstances that is :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yves retiring, fashion is no playground, one can/should* get fed up at somepoint

Yes, this is true. I think it's the fact that Yves is a bit of a bitter old-man whereas Karl is still out there doing his thing, absorbing youth culture, going to concerts, fancying boys far too young for him, listening to twelve iPODs worth of music. You have to admire his vitality.

yes exactly, he's still out there acting like a 30 year old designer, this somehow gets on my nerves really.. there is beauty in all ages and not to be able to grasp that is sad, trying too hard to hang on there, borders towards ridiculous (thats only in my book of course)

softgrey said:
wow...i can't believe all the haters here...

everyone sounds incredibly negative...:ninja:
and then in the young designer thread everyone says that you have to be willing to swallow your pride and do what you have to do...and not be on an ego trip...

puffy isn't allowed to do clothes cause he's not a 'real' designer...
but the designer of CHANEL HAUTE COUTURE isn't allowed to do one either?!..:wacko:
:lol:

come on...:lol:
it's just CLOTHES!!!...alll this talk about 'selling out'...
why shouldn't people get paid well for what they do if they are talented?!?!
must someone starve in a garret or cut off their own ear to earn some respect...??!!

PUH-lease...that is such nonsense...:lol:
:ninja:

I agree too. Karl is talented and likes to show it. He is one of the best these days, just like you say softie...he's the designer of Chanel Couture, and a hell of a good one too. To portray three completely different collections for each womens RTW season is a hell of a job. But he succeeds....so why not do a fourth one and make even more money? He has the talent and every right to exploit it, so let him. I'd do the same I think....

Karl has my blessing...amen :lol:

yeny said:
^Haha, you're hilarious arturo, and you make a good point. I don't think that anyone can say that Karl Lagerfeld isn't a talented designer, but it does become really annoying when someone tries to become some sort of fashion Napolean, trying to achieve world tion at every price point, in every corner of the world. You can just picture Karl licking his lips at the thought (though, not a nice thought:sick: )! The fact that he has to put a huge logo on to a surfboard cheapens his talent, and makes it evident that it's all about ego for him.

That man does not need any more money. He was born a freakin' Kaiser, and he would never have had to work a minute in his life if he didn't want to. All the money he's made from designing Chloe, Ghost, Fendi, Chanel, etc. is like pocket money for him.

Thankyou, and welcome :flower: I love how we have so many well-informed people here at TFS, new and old :woot:

I dislike and like Karl at the same time. I like some of his designs. They're incredibly feminine and delicate. Not my style, but I find any woman in it quite attractive. However, how he cheapens his name and tries to become a 'Fashion Napoleon' (Love your wording, btw :heart:) is just disgusting. Surfboards... :doh:

Is Kaiser Karl (Dunno why, but that just sounds like the name of a bagel to me :doh:, and I'm not speaking of Kaiser rolls) a self procclaimed 'ego tripper'? After all, he is one, everyone refers to him in that way, and his doll for visionaire was called that...what an ego.. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
i have nothing against Karl Lagerfeld i actually kind find him amusing for his obnoxious and ego-tripper self, hehehe.......... But he is really contradicting himself now. I remember very clear hearing him and reading articles and how he said something has to be expensive or not expensive ( no cheap, he doesnt use the word.. ) . He said something " no , nothing in the middle" . That;s exactly what this line will be, its not popular price and not crazy expensive. Didnt he said also that he never wanted to have a line in his name? Im not sure now about this last one, but the rest im pretty positive........
Anyways Chanel for me usually i find to "grandma"

:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->