"Karl Lagerfeld is Never Happy Anyway" Film documentary

And did anyone see how much his house has changed interior decor-wise? I loved the gold leaf statues he had!

I agree! But he still has a messy office, piled books everywhere. I would love to visit his house one day, maybe help out organize all the scattered books so he'll have a neater place to draw his sketches :lol:
But I do wonder if he reads them all

And did anyone see how much his house has changed interior decor-wise? I loved the gold leaf statues he had!

it was part of his Kafk-ian metamorphosis he says... he lost weight, sold some of his houses, and a great deal of his art/jewellery/decor collections.
i wanna have all those books...

anyone know the exact adress of his house? i am 100% sure i would recognize that huge door if i saw it! i think i read somewhere it's close to his studio and bookstore (both of them in rue de Lille, rive gauche)

it was part of his Kafk-ian metamorphosis he says... he lost weight, sold some of his houses, and a great deal of his art/jewellery/decor collections.
i wanna have all those books...

anyone know the exact adress of his house? i am 100% sure i would recognize that huge door if i saw it! i think i read somewhere it's close to his studio and bookstore (both of them in rue de Lille, rive gauche)

Creepily enough, I've tried to find his house on Google Maps, but to no luck. Paris is a big city. It's on Rue de l'Université, to the best of my knowledge...

Last edited by a moderator:
Found it!

Near the corner of Rue de Villersexel and Rue de l'Université:
-The concrete area in the North section is obviously his front courtyard, and the building surrounding it on two sides is his the house.
-The courtyard to the East also looks like it's his, but I'm not sure. (In part five of "Karl Lagerfeld is Never Happy Anyway" he talks about his Tadao Ando-designed house, and later it shows him walking through a large space with a skylight similar to that to the immediate right of his courtyard shown in the satellite image).
-That greenspace behind the house is probably all his as well...

Image courtesy of Google Maps, cropping done by me

I identify with the excessive obsession about collecting and the "200 percent" comment. I have way too many of what I collect, and my favorite quote was "Owning things victimizes and imprisons you." It is a let off your shoulders perhaps getting rid of a heap of something, (in his case books) but all the effort and ambition taken to build up such a collection would be lost. I think money would have to be a much larger sum than what I invested in my odd collections, and I dont know anyone crazy enough. :blush:

before i load the videos...
i was wondering if someone could give me a synopsis of the whole thing ??
what is this about...
is it about Karl working for Chanel
is it an autobiography on Karl...
???

Thanks ilaughead. I think I will stalk him next time I go to Paris. :rofl:

The music is very annoying :judge: Im obessed with Karl lately, he's so interesting to watch!

I've only watched the first part gius but I keep pausing it because of the annoying 90s music :doh:

before i load the videos...
i was wondering if someone could give me a synopsis of the whole thing ??
what is this about...
is it about Karl working for Chanel
is it an autobiography on Karl...
???

M. Karl (I call him that since Signe Chanel) is musing about his personality and work habits. He is very open about the flaws that make him what he is. He feels that ego and self-satisfaction are the enemies of creativity. He sees his colleagues flee to the beaches after a collection, and he says he doesn't need a vacation because he is his work and it is not a burden. He says the creative urge is a muscle that improves with exercise.

So minor subtle slams to YSL who always claimed to be so burdened and burnt out by the creative process. Says he feels sorry for him.

There is quite a bit of him working with his crew. He is very nice to the models and not autocratic. The sort of person who is not afraid to gather very talented people and not worry about being outshone.

Found it!

-The concrete area in the North section is obviously his front courtyard, and the building surrounding it on two sides is his the house.
-The courtyard to the East also looks like it's his, but I'm not sure. (In part five of "Karl Lagerfeld is Never Happy Anyway" he talks about his Tadao Ando-designed house, and later it shows him walking through a large space with a skylight similar to that to the immediate right of his courtyard shown in the satellite image).

Wow! thanks ilaughead! i am definetly "visiting" him next time i go to Paris :brows:

^I think he sold his house with all his art and so on..., non?

^I think that's another of his houses? Maybe Grand-Champ (or whatever it was called...)?

Thank you so much for posting this symetrie!

Karl is so lively and witty. And he has something substantial to say for the most part! I love him.

Found it!

I love your thoroughness :smile:

But is his bookstore in the same street? I'm going to Paris on tuesday and wanna visit :D

the bookstore is in rue de L'Ille. Very close to Musée d'Orsay

i went there last summer, just to find that it was closed the whole month of july! :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->