Kate Lanphear - Stylist

Cicciolina

Reaction score
From wikifashion.com

Kate Lanphear is the style director of Elle USA and is originally from Virginia but started her career in fashion in Australia. The style editor is known for her strong sense of dress, platinum blonde locks and is often revered as a style icon by those in the industry. Kate has a huge cult following and has inspired numerous blogs that follow her punky style.

Previous to working in the United States, Kate worked for eight years in Sydney at Vogue (Australia) and Harper's Bazaar (Australia). She then returned to the USA where she landed a role at Harper's Bazaar. It wasn't long before she was offered the role of senior fashion editor at Elle and then style director in 2008.

She was raised in a conservative Irish-Catholic family and was surrounded by stylish women. She says her own wardrobe is filled with studs, chains and black skinny jeans. Kate's style is both androgynous and glamourous. Although she thinks of herself as a fashion geek, claiming her style is more "potluck".

Although Kate herself has worked for years in fashion, she likes that there are fresh voices in fashion through blogging and the internet.

As for favorite designers, Kate says that she collects old Helmut Lang and Margiela.
There are rumours that she's up for Nina Garcia's previous position.

Last edited by a moderator:
^really?????? I love Elle under Nina's direction but I will be thrilled if Kate leads ELLE!!! :woot:

Wooooot! Was hoping for this, someone is on top of things with the thread name change.

source | fwd

YAY!!!!!!! good for her! no wonder the thread title was changed! hahaha i was like "........sssssomething doesn't look right........." hahah yes someone was REALLY on top of things! i love kate she is the epitome of effortless chic.:heart:

Kate Lanphear, senior style and market editor, has been promoted to style director.
:clap: It was only a matter of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
so if shes been promoted to senior style director - whos place is she taking?

its not nina garcia's place is it? thats senior fashion director.

is there a difference? sorry im a bit confused...

so if shes been promoted to senior style director - whos place is she taking?

its not nina garcia's place is it? thats senior fashion director.

is there a difference? sorry im a bit confused...

Yeah what is she going to be in charge of now?

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
Elle September 2008
Models: Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens & Ashley Tisdale
Hair: Ryan Trygstad
Makeup: Darlene Jacobs
Stylist: Kate Lanphear
Photographer: Tierney Gearon

source | elle.com

Her styling is brilliant here... I love it :heart:

Here's the Bottega Veneta edit...

BRIEF ENCOUNTER
Elle August 2008
Stylist: Kate Lanphear
Photographer: Stephen Shore

source | snapshots by MMA

OMG! shes styled that?! i love it.

i was in line at target flipping through really fast & couldnt catch the stylist.

i was oohing & ahhing all over it. & getting some odd stares as well :lol:

^You had better go buy August before the Sept issue comes out cette fille :hardhead: :lol:

:heart: :flower:

i know, right?

if i dont get it in the post monday (my subscription has acted very strange lately) ill pick it up for sure! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->