Kathy Ireland

justaguy

Staff member
Reaction score

Kathleen Marie "Kathy" Ireland (born March 20, 1963) is an American model, actress, author and entrepreneur. Ireland was a supermodel in the 1980s and 1990s, best known for appearing in 13 consecutive Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues. In 1993, she founded a brand marketing company, "kathy ireland Worldwide" (kiWW), which has made her one of the wealthiest former models in the world.

At age 16, Ireland was discovered by an agent for the Elite Model Management company. She appeared on covers for Vogue and Cosmopolitan.

Starting in 1984, Ireland was featured in the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue for 13 consecutive years, with her final appearance in 1996. She appeared on the cover of the annual issue three times, a feat tied by Christie Brinkley and Cheryl Tiegs, and surpassed only by Elle Macpherson (with five appearances). Ireland was the cover model for the first time on the 25th Anniversary Swimsuit Edition, which became SI 's best selling swimsuit issue to date. She returned to the cover in 1992 and in 1994. In her third appearance, she was accompanied by Rachel Hunter and Elle Macpherson, who were both pregnant at the time.

As a teenager, Ireland reported that a photographer once "crossed the line" with her and wanted her to pose topless. She didn't feel comfortable and he didn't respect her "no." He reportedly pushed her and got physical and she "decked him."

During SI Swimsuit's 50th Anniversary event, Ireland's 1989 cover was awarded "The Greatest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Of All Time."
Ireland is a Christian. She is a pro-life advocate.

Ireland appeared on Larry King Live in 2009 to discuss her weight gain and women's health. She had gained a pound a year for 25 years and the cumulative effect had become obvious to her in a candid photograph her son had taken.

Ireland received an honorary master's of fine arts degree from the for-profit American Intercontinental University's School of Design.

Elizabeth Taylor and Ireland had a close friendship and attended public events together. After Ireland received outspoken criticism for her uneven performance as an on-air host of ABC's 2010 pre-Oscar special, Taylor publicly defended Ireland; "I have never seen anyone epitomize glamour and grace and professionalism like she did."

Ireland publicly credits Taylor as her mentor and for part of her success in life, business, design and philanthropy. Taylor bequeathed her Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Oscar to Ireland.
en.wikipedia.org/people.com

US Vogue May 1985

Striking New Swimwear Pt.2
Photo Tohru Nakamura
Models Unknown, Ariane Koizumi, Kathy Ireland, Lenita Oderfaldt & Ashley Richardson
Hair Oribe
Makeup Michel Voyski

My scans

GQ June 1983

Tough Wear!
Photo Barry McKinley
Models Tom Price, Kathy Ireland & Unknown
Grooming Bob Fink
Woman's Stylist Nancy Frederick

uomoclassico.com

GQ June 1983

Suited For Summer
Photo Barry McKinley
Models J Price, Kathy Ireland & Unknown
Grooming Bob Fink
Woman's Stylist Nancy Frederick

uomoclassico.com

US Vogue September 1985

The Season Takes Shape at Geoffrey Beene
Photo Irving Penn
Models Paulina Porizkova, Kim Williams, Kathy Ireland & Gail Elliott
Hair Ezel
Makeup François Nars

My scans

Vichy 1984

UK Vogue June 1984
Models Kelly Emberg & Kathy Ireland

My scan

Mademoiselle October 1982

Private Moments
Models: Paulina Porizkova, Kathy Ireland & Unknown
Photographer: Alan Lewis Kleinberg
Hair: Alex Hilliard
Makeup: Glenn Marziali

Scans by 630redhead @ Bellazon.com

Mademoiselle September 1982

Bad Girls/Good Girls
Models: Jeny Howorth, Paulina Porizkova, Elisabetta Ramela, Kathy Ireland & Unknown
Photographer: Gilles Tapie
Hair: Michael Anthony & Pascal Boissier
Makeup: Lydia Snyder, Mariella Smith-Masters, Merle Norman & Wendy Whitelaw

Scans by 630redhead @ Bellazon.com

US Vogue April 1983

The New Strength Appeal
Photo Bruce Weber
Model Kathy Ireland
Hair Sam Mcknight
Makeup Linda Cantello

My scans

US Vogue April 1982

Summer...Out of This World!--Dramatic Hot-Weather Dressing in a Dramatic Setting--the Island of Hawaii Pt.1
Photo Oliviero Toscani
Model Kathy Ireland
Hair & Makeup Rick Gillette

Summer...Out of This World!--Dramatic Hot-Weather Dressing in a Dramatic Setting--the Island of Hawaii Pt.2

My scans

US Vogue December 1982

With Flying Colors!
Photo Alex Chatelain
Models Kathy Ireland, Nancy Donahue, Betty Prado & Shiela Johnson
Hair Garren
Makeup Wesley Dunn

My scans

US Vogue February 1983

Casual...Something Altogether Different
Photo Irving Penn
Models Elisabetta Ramella & Kathy Ireland
Hair Maury Hopson & Gareen
Makeup Linda Mason & Wesley Dunn

My scans

Harvé Bernard Spring/Summer 1983 for Bloomingdale's

US Vogue June 1983
Model Kathy Ireland

My scan

JC Penny Spring/Summer 1984

US Vogue May 1984
Models Susan Hess, Kathy Ireland, Linda Tonge & Unknown

My scans

Harper's & Queen February 1983

Model Kathy Ireland

B13446627882385495_1.jpg

bellazon.com

Maybelline Rich & Gentle Mascara 1984

Models Kathy Ireland, Cheir La Rocque & Unknown

Scan by EH

Elite Models Calendar 1986

Photos Douglas Dubler
Models Kim Alexis, Dalma Callado, Alexa Singer, Joanne Russell, Janice Dickinson, Tara Shannon, Andrea Malkiewicz, Kathy Ireland, Brit Hammer, Iman, Carol Alt & Paulina Porizkova
Makeup David Frank Ray

topmodelsoftheworld.com

US Vogue July 1982

Paris Right On Target! Pt.1
Photo Arthur Elgort
Models Joan Severance, Donna Stia, Leslie Winer, Kathy Ireland, Paulina Porizkova & Unknown
Hair Christiaan
Makeup George Newell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->