Katryn Kruger

Diane von Furstenberg Backstage

ysts3.jpg

77visions.com

Photographed by Jeremy Allen

My family and I at a vineyard in South Africa. The restaurant has tables in tree houses, which is awesome.
Photo: Courtesy of Katryn Kruger

My mom and I waiting at a casting here in New York.
Photo: Courtesy of Katryn Kruger

Hometown:
Cape Town, South Africa

How do you say hello where you’re from?
English is one of the eleven languages spoken in South Africa, but I am Afrikaans speaking, and we say “hallo” or “goeiedag.”

What is your Starbucks order?
Vanilla soy cappuccino.

What are the three items you always keep in your purse?
My iPhone, waterless hand sanitizer, and lip balm—and money, of course!

How were you discovered?
My family and I were in a Cape Town shopping center on a Sunday afternoon where I was spotted by a local actor and male model whose wife was involved with a modeling agency. I was fifteen at the time.

Most memorable modeling moment:
My first runway experience for Givenchy, working with Steven Meisel on the Prada campaign, and opening and closing for Valentino’s spring couture show.

Most embarrassing modeling moment:
On the shoot for the spring 2012 Prada campaign, we had these carts that Pat and Steven Meisel used to drive around in the studio (it was a massive warehouse). At one point Pat asked me to drive and then put a fancy new Prada bag in the basket in the front of the cart. I was so excited to be able to drive that thing that I went too fast and the handbag flew from the basket. And there I was, red-faced because I almost destroyed the bag!

Favorite model of all time:
Gisele Bündchen.

If you weren’t modeling, what would be your dream job?
Something to do with languages, probably journalism or teaching English or Afrikaans.

Describe your style in five words:
I don’t do fashion to a T, rather classic, plain, timeless items that I can mix and match.

Favorite designer:
Elie Saab.

If you could trade closets with someone else, whose would you choose?
Victoria Beckham.

What are you wearing right now?
Black Rag & Bone pants and a white top from Vertigo (a South African clothing line).

What new addition to your wardrobe are you currently craving this season?
A classic black dress.

What item in your closet do you most cherish? Why?
My Derek Lam formal jacket because I feel chic and elegant in it.

What is the next thing you are going to purchase?
Dinner, actually. And I need a new bikini for the approaching South African summer holiday.

What nail polish color are you wearing right now?
French white from a show I did—very nice!

Beauty item you cannot live without:
My eyelash curler!

Who is the last person to cut your hair?
I use the same hairdresser in Cape Town, she is amazing and for the first ten minutes of the appointment we always gossip about the other customers.

What is your Twitter handle?
I don’t tweet; I can barely keep up with Facebook!

What is the first website you go to in the morning?
Facebook and Pinterest. Thanks to Pinterest, I have my whole wedding and house planned!

What songs are on repeat on your iPod right now?
Almost all are songs from Florence + the Machine, and “People Help The People” from Birdy.

What movie is at the top of your Netflix queue?
I don’t have a Netflix account . . . but I think after I finish this interview, I will get one!

What’s on your Kindle/Nook/iBook shelf right now?
The Hunger Games trilogy, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Book Thief, and the Chaos Walking trilogy.

Name the television character with whom you most identify:
I don’t know, but I would love to be like Claire from Modern Family. I think she is hilarious!

One place you always visit while in New York:
The Chelsea Market. I love the vibe, and the food is really good too!

Favorite destination you have traveled to so far:
Ireland. But Cape Town is the most beautiful place in the world!

Where would you like to go on your next vacation?
I would love to go to Norway.

What quality is most attractive in a boyfriend?
A sense of humor . . . and my boyfriend is very funny!

What is the best advice (professional or personal) you’ve ever been given?
“Always be true to yourself.”

Name one natural talent you wish you had:
The ability to sing! I only sing in my room (with the door closed) and in church.

Subject you could wax poetic about/something that fascinates you:
Animation movies—I love them! I still crack up at movies like Shrek, Finding Nemo, and Tangled.

vogue.com

"Emporio and The City"
Numéro Tokyo #62 December 2012
Photographer:Benny Horne

hudie

It's been a bit too quiet in here!

3.1 Phillip Lim S/S 13 campaign
Photographer: Alessio Bolzoni
Styling: Nancy Rohde
Models: Katryn Kruger, Franzi Mueller

katrynkss1331plimad01.jpg

beforeyoukillusall.blogspot.co.uk

facebook.com/31PhillipLimOfficial

katrynkss1331plimad03.jpg

style.com

This is Phillip Lim's first ever campaign and according to style.com will appear in the spring issues of Another Magazine, Love, Interview, and The Gentlewoman, among others.

HQ version of the first Phillip Lim pic courtesy of Flashbang.

businessoffashion.tumblr.com

Yay, a campaign! I hope her success continues... this thread had gotten quiet.

I agree, I really miss her. Her career has hit a bit of a snag, but hopefully she'll just come back even stronger, I definitely think she can.

I don't think it has been posted
Here is a video of Katryn shot in CapeTown by Dillon Buirski

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess she left modelling. that's sad, she had a truly refreshing presence

She's not on on the websites of IMG worldwide anymore... If she really quit modelling as en lice says, that makes me wonder, how can models quit modelling just like that? I've read a few modelling contracts, and they are quite strict, not easy to quit at all, especially the ones with big agencies such as IMG...

So sad to see her gone :( She was truly amazing while she was around, such a beautiful face, every time I saw her I was wowed by her beauty. Hopefully she has her reasons and I truly wish her the best in her life!

I think it's actually quite easy to quit, the contract isn't an issue, it only lasts two years and for me, it looks like you can break it whenever you want, there are, for sure, delays and a procedure
It would be a true modern slavery contract otherwise. By the way, if a girl doesn't want to model anymore, she won't. A reluctant model is a bad deal for everyone (clients and agency)

I think it's a fashion strategy... disappear for a while and then come back as a fresh face and continue to be in strong demand (ex. bette franke) ... Remember she was fading out (at least on fashion runways) so it probably is not that bad decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->