Kenzo Mens F/W 10.11 Paris

wongak

Reaction score
x610-108.jpg

modelhomme forum

I love the subtleness of last season, this season? The fitting is ill, the color is dull,the fabrics is not flattering.
it's just ignorable. hate to say this.but I have TBH.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks great! The prints look daring but it's subdued by the wonderful coats and loose pants. I like the styling too. Made for the cosmopolitan stylish male.

the coats feel rather too large and baggy on the models. or are they
supposed to be that way? and i sense some weird 80s vibe going on with
this collection that i don't really like.

Spotting some loveliness here, as expected.

By the way, wouldn't it be better to add Mens to the title so that no one gets confused?

Kenzo's Show Stops Traffic

:woot:

kenzo-scoop02.JPG

Kenzo models parade around the Place des Victoires, surrounded by 30 vintage Citroën DS cars.
REEL ADVENTURES: Ushers dressed as old-time French policemen greeted guests at the Kenzo show, including actor Andy Gillet, star of Kenzo Power perfume ads, and starlet Laure de Clermont-Tonnerre.

The actress said she was gearing up for the April release of her latest flick, directed by Danièle Thompson and based on the adventures of comic book heroine Adèle Blanc-Sec.

The film will mark the acting debut of Julien Doré, the 2007 winner of “Nouvelle Star,” France’s equivalent to “American Idol,” Clermont-Tonnerre noted.

Gillet has just completed shooting “The Destiny of Rome,” a mini-series for Franco-German TV channel Arte in which he plays Emperor Augustus.

For the show’s finale, guests poured out on the Place des Victoires, which had been transformed into a film set inspired by Jacques Tati’s 1971 movie “Traffic” – complete with 30 vintage Citroën DS cars.

As Italian designer Antonio Marras shouted directions, models paraded under a light drizzle before being whisked away in a retro bus.
all from wwd.com

I'd love to see more (ty for sharing!)
It doesn't seem very cohesive to me... the pieces of the puzzle are looking great so far but I don't know if the finished jigsaw will be.

Setting's pretty cool! ^_^ I like it. I think this is one of the best collections for the upcoming season.

jacques tati theme reminds me of jose levy, but this is nice too.
btw yohji used to own a certain model of DS if I remember rightly.

afpbb

ke1.png

ke2.png

ke3.png

ke4.png

it's SO 80's...it's true...
but the 80's were very much late 50's/early 60's...
because everyone shopped at vintage stores and nothing fit right so it was all oversized..until designers just saw kids doing it and did it on the runway like that eventually...

so- i can see how it is jaques tati... with the oversized trench etc...
but it all looks VERY 80's..like an 80's version of jacques tati..^_^
which is really very true to the original KENZO vision i think...
plus antonio marras is just SO talented when it comes to prints and colours...

it all really works in my opinion...
i'm not sure if i am ready to see people dressing like this again...
but i sure like the collection as a presentation...
it's really lovely...
*the cars are also great-
those are definitely 60's...and very cool...B)

thanks for the pics and info etc runner and mackos et al...
:flower:
i don't think i've seen this movie 'TRAFFIC'...
i'll have to keep an eye out for it...

antonio marras' menswear is always something i enjoy seeing. here i like the printed knitwear and the coats most, but dislike the metallic greys. and i like this kind of hair + the hats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->