Naoki Takizawa for Helmut Lang Mens F/W 10.11

you are welcome softgrey
checked it a bit.
they confirmed the F/W 11 collection now in the stores is by naoki takizawa.
as for the points of sale in japan, it's not bad at all. rather small scale yes but actually it's better than the prada years. it looks like a sound business. at least it doesn't look as if they were just temporarily playing some kind of dead or alive business.
which you can see from what they did with the new mens footwear line. they are trying to do something stable although it's not very fashion-forward. it's different from the womens line. the directional difference is a bit too interesting for the same label.

he had his column in the asahi earlier this year and was generally talking about the relationship between designers and managers.
he said " the management side sometimes sets designers at the starting point, without showing a goal.
and designers start to go, without any map of the destination, any weather forecast and without preparing enough. the company arrives at some desert and nobody exists ".
I didn't think he was referring to himself and link-theory in particular.
but now he might have implied the lack of the union he saw at the company.

Perhaps they're keeping it as a Japan-exclusive, at least from what I heard from European Theory/Helmut Lang sales associates, they had mentioned that they are no longer doing the men's line and thus it seems they were concentrating on the womenswear line... you don't even find any archival content or mentioning of any men's activity on the Helmut Lang website. Perhaps you can shed some light on this issue, Runner...?
this sounds incredibly ridiculous, but it may simply be that the website is for the colovos' HL at the moment.
it's their territory.
in fact, for any little info on the mens line we have to visit link-theory.com or naokitakizawa.com.
I *guess it might have been somewhat awkward or messy within the company.
the reason for naoki's taking over was he had been friends with the president, ceo of link theory japan for about 30 years. ( apart from his being talented )
and the man passed away on august 9.
I wonder if we have been seeing things affected.

wow---you really got a lot of good info runner!
:woot:...you're awesome...!

demo-
i don't understand- is he still there and doing spring 2012?...

i can't find a trace of helmut lang menswear on any US sites...
i don't think it's being sold here...?~!
is tric correct?...is it just being distributed in japan?...

It seems likely to me, since Theory's men's collection is also only being marketed from their US showroom and they do not bother offering it to European accounts, knowing that the collection wouldn't be ale to fill the same, competitive niche there than it would on their domestic market.

...Also, think about all these labels under the Comme and Y's umbrella that started out as Japan-exclusives: Limi Feu, Ganryu as well as Yohji's latest sY'te label are all such examples...

softgrey I don't know, will check a bit more later.
but maybe the S/S 12 for men is yet to be ready, whoever is designing it. I think they are showing it during the womenswear showroom season, this autumn.

...Also, think about all these labels under the Comme and Y's umbrella that started out as Japan-exclusives: Limi Feu, Ganryu as well as Yohji's latest sY'te label are all such examples...
yes but even if it becomes japan exclusive now, this case is more of a business such as burberry blue label, black label/contemporary collections from sanyo, rochas (mens line) from renown, lanvin en blue from itochu, etc.
limi, ganryu, the online t-shirts project are at first just an observation baloon.
even japanese didn't know the name of limi back then. and she needed more experience, just like junya and tao at the time they were doing tricot before going worldwide.
but this helmut lang thing is a bit more serious and major. and as you say the first season at least was worldwide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->