Khaite F/W 2024.25 New York

i guess it exists. the presentation is a bit too dark and doesn't do the clothes justice. i like that white wrinkled dress with the fur scarf,
I agree, that is mostly the problem with this brand. Whoever is in charge of this is not doing a good job. I have to make such great efforts to appreciate the looks/clothes.

Dear, I am a Khaite apologist. Perhaps I'm automaticalled deemed as 'uncool' in this forum. Do you know how much I care? The funniest thing about this is that you are in principle contradicting yourself as you seem to be pretty intolerant of my opinion. I know there are people out there immune to cognitive dissonance, so let's leave it here.
Lol I don't quite understand where this is coming from. Nobody said you're 'uncool' in this forum. TBH, I actually liked most of the looks. I only said it looked familiar.

It seems to be directed at certain members.

hmm, i like the soft-shouldered, wide-necked, short-sleeved jackets in post #8 (a black and a white version) - especially with those sheer gloves. i love gloves!

An recurring favourite along with Ulla Johnson. It's minimalism, but it's very moody, dramatic and romantic. It's rare to find that in minimalism in today's fashion landscape.

I agree with the comparisons to Saint Laurent. Cate Holstein is a fan of Hedi Slimane, so that probably shows in her collection. That said, this feels more accomplished in terms of vision and skill. She is my only choice to succeed Vaccarello, when he eventually departs.
I only learned a few weeks ago it’s pronounced like “Cate”. It’s like the fashion version middle America millennial naming their daughter “Paeyzleigh” or something lol
It's the romanization of "χαίτη" which is Greek for "horse's mane". It's probably a play with the founder's name too.

This is certainly a more dark glam approach compared to their previous collections, perhaps leaning a little too dark for the setting because it's hard to fully see the clothes. I still find everything they do to be a bit too firm and rigid in their forms. Almost dejects the body and sits away from it rather than with.

I like the orange on Kiki and Amanda. Not sure what the print is trying to be, but the burst of it in here is a welcomed addition. Maybe a little too on the nose with their Philo/Celine obsession but it works (maybe sans cummerbund).

Saint Laurent's mighty, meaty leather shoulders were on the Moodboard! this season I see. A lot of this seems cumbersome and try-hard.

The dark presentation makes it look more like a European than a NY show, I feel like it needed a different presentation for it not to look like a literal copy of another brand. Would love to see some backstage shots to truly appreciate the collection.

Its like a sad wannabe 2000s Tom Ford and those fake fur coats need to be burned they are so dull and depressing , real furs looks so plush, glamourous

This legit looks like a Party City haloween outfit for Cruella DeVille the quality is just heinous, along with the heels

Its like a sad wannabe 2000s Tom Ford and those fake fur coats need to be burned they are so dull and depressing , real furs looks so plush, glamourous
Yeah, the faux fur is really tragic...

The worst thing is that with Khaite's price structure, that coat could easily cost 9'000 -12'000 USD.

Very 80s just like that YSL show but honestly I don't mind it. Other than the faux fur.

I discovered Khaite on NAP, so my pov regarding the brand has always been very pragmatic.
When I look at the show, pragmatism included, I look at the pieces and I’m convinced.

But when you decides to look at the looks, you cannot help but be confused.
They are the new cool a bit. The new uniform of NYC cool is a piece of a whole look Khaite mixed with some The Row.

I wish the intention was clearer on the runway. We are looking at clothes from a hot cool brand but that’s it.

Derivative or not I think Khaite is badly needed in NYC. There's not much else showing that is interesting and Khaite brings a bit of that YSL cool / polish to the schedule. Good casting also.

I WANT to like it but it's average clothing with a semi-interesting presentation. Reminds me a little of Elbaz' sets at Lanvin.

I like this more than I thought I would. This always felt like one of those NY brands with a lot of merch but no hint of view. This feels not necessarily very new but it does seem like a clear statement, and there are some beautiful pieces here

This legit looks like a Party City haloween outfit for Cruella DeVille the quality is just heinous, along with the heels

Faux fur, if or when it is used, rarely works in long coat form. It just accentuates the fauxness of it all. Cropped would have been a lot better, but this also isn't the best faux fur fabric by a long shot. Although good faux fur is hard to come by so sometimes you just gotta lean into the cheapness and treat it with some fabric manipulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->