Khaite S/S 2020 New York

Fun show. I wish I could afford their clothes, they are beautiful and wearable.

Issue I've had with this season and last is that the runway styling is not translating to how great these individual pieces look IRL

I agree with others, it's a beautiful collection let down by questionable styling. For example, I am in love with the proposition in Look 5 but the headpiece and that heavy bag make me want to scream.

The headpieces were a bit unnecessary, apparently one of the designers for area are saying they copied them and want to be them which is to say the least hilarious.

Styling aside it’s definitely going to be a successful collection in stores. Everything is effortless and classic.

It’s interesting but quite hard to wear...
The silhouettes are a bit heavy for my taste and it’s a bit unbalanced in the styling but it’s a good effort.

Finally, something substantial amongst so much nothingness.

Digging this quiet American chic.The charming ragtag assembly, effortless, easygoing and downplayed, tailored elegance of the designs, is what American designer does at its very best. Even the set design and bags add to the spirit. All-around gorgeous branding. I hope she’s able to keep up the momentum...

(I get the silly headpieces— it’s meant to be quirky New Yorkness. But looks more like Party City tiara. Leave the girlie-tropes to Marc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamal2isgood
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->