Kidman's Good Deed

Alicia9 said:

:lol: That made me giggle out loud, a little.

That's a very nice thing to do, Nicole. Now if only we all got medals when we took out 6 year old friends to the movies. :D

rhiannonmars said:
I think it's narrsissitc for stars to come in and think that their presence somehow makes a difference.QUOTE]

totally true.

^ but her exposure brought attention to the plight of the child and hopefully more people will donate to his cause. -_-

i thought what you said was probably true, but then i thought: what was the cause? who was the boy?
I seriously can't remember. all i remember is that the movie star nicole kidman visited a hospital and posed in a photograph with a young boy.

i just re-read the article.

i think the best example she could give in regards to cancer is to quit smoking- she's a casual smoker or whatever right? I remember she lit up at the premiere of some movie. it was on ALL the tv news stations that day...yeh, a great example.

We're a pretty cynical society that even when a celebrity does something nice (and I'm SURE the family were thrilled) it must be just a publicity stunt, and not, oh I don't know, because she's a mother, and her mom had cancer, and she was in the city, and maybe just had an impulse to just go see him.

Well, we can't know her real reasons for going, but according to Dylan's website, their traffic has picked up since then, with emails (and hopefully donations). So atleast good came of it.

Tom Cruise is getting bad publicity. Nicole is getting good publicity. She could hav visited the boy without the picture and press and interview. She cannot say anything about Cruise because of the confidentiality agreement she signed for her $70 million plus maintenance etc a month divorce. This is how she does it

aww that was a lovely story, thankyou for posting it Label_basher :flower:

catherinea said:
Tom Cruise is getting bad publicity. Nicole is getting good publicity. She could hav visited the boy without the picture and press and interview. She cannot say anything about Cruise because of the confidentiality agreement she signed for her $70 million plus maintenance etc a month divorce. This is how she does it

I got the impression that the press were asking the mother about the visit, and therfore that the press wasn't there while Nicole was. Also the pictures look very "home pictures" which makes me think a family member took them. Aside from comments about what the mom said Nicole said, I didn't see anything that suggested she talked to the press herself.... I certainly might have missed it, I have to confess I would LIKE to think this wasn't all a publicity stunt, and so perhaps I'm ignoring clues to the contrary. Ah well. I'lll just ignore that and pretend she did it out of being inspired by his struggle and an interest in seeing her fellow countryman/boy. :flower:

I think if I had had a chance to visit with Terry Fox, i would have. Just because he put up such a great struggle, that it was inspiring. I would have wanted to show my support somehow. But he died the year I was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->