Kim Jones - Designer, Creative Director of Fendi & Dior Men

How is it that he's put in more design effort on this collaboration than on the actual collections he's supposed to be working on each season?

And I can not stand the obnoxious face of that Rolex Daytona looking at me in his dweeby little promo still for the article.

Alexandre Arnault is going to completely run LVMH into the ground with this nonsense. I'm here for it.

It's almost comical how casually racist it is. Why a sneaker for Hennessy?
Does Hennessy have links to Afro-American or sneaker/hypebeast culture?

Does Hennessy have links to Afro-American or sneaker/hypebeast culture?
Yes - Henny is a common drink among people who subscribe to Black American culture. That same culture buys luxury sneakers.

I mean other people imitate black American culture so this will be popular with those people as well (read: asians).

Alexandre Arnault is going to completely run LVMH into the ground with this nonsense. I'm here for it.

It's almost comical how casually racist it is. Why a sneaker for Hennessy?

I think some of you give Alexandre too much credit. He works for Tiffany, not Dior.

Dior's marketing managers are perfectly capable of coming up with corny and terrible ideas on their own.

Yes - Henny is a common drink among people who subscribe to Black American culture. That same culture buys luxury sneakers.

I mean other people imitate black American culture so this will be popular with those people as well (read: asians).

I recommend against making any generalizations about any particular race or ethnicity's behavior, customs or culture.

You mention how racist this collaboration is however it is your comment that strikes me as the most blatantly racist.

I recommend against making any generalizations about any particular race or ethnicity's behavior, customs or culture.

You mention how racist this collaboration is however it is your comment that strikes me as the most blatantly racist.
I never said that please read. I said subscribes to black american culture. Me noticing someone elses casual racism does not make me a racist. It is the people running lvmh performing the racism.

I never said that please read. I said subscribes to black american culture. Do you even know any black people? I literally married a black person so I literally cannot be racist. in my short time here the people sobbing abt racism dont even know any black people.

That's not the part I'm talking about.

That's not the part I'm talking about.
ofc there are some black people who dont drink hennessy just like there are some that do. Some black people dont wear sneakers at all obviously.

doesnt change LVMHs motivations to create a sneaker foe the hennesy customer. Be mad at them not me.

^Can we all just stop while we're ahead? I'm still traumatised by that comment on Maria's thread.

what is going on here... pretty sure luxury sneakers are bought by everyone these days and not just by "those people".

Thanks I didn't not Hennessy is culturally significant in black-American culture, here in France cognac is kinda frown-upon, the use of after-dinner liquors has almost disappeared.
I think China has clamped down also on the market, Hennessy was often offered as gift (read bribes) from businessmen to CCP officials.
But for LVMH any brand is just a brand, in the near future we might see Dom Pérignon, Moët, or Veuve bags or RTW if they think there is a market for it, see what they are doing with Cheval Blanc ...

what is going on here... pretty sure luxury sneakers are bought by everyone these days and not just by "those people".
It's less the issue that LVMH is trying to appeal to black people, but the fact that they're using stereotypes of black culture to do so. Both Hennessy and designer sneakers have their roots in Afro-American culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->