Kim Jones, new creative director for Alfred Dunhill

I think closing his own brand relates to the fact that the vast body of his work is consulting and styling for other brands, magazines rather than simply working on the Kim Jones label. He would be really overworking himself if he kept working on his own brand label, did the consulting stuff and Dunhill too.

Personally, I don't think he has closed his label (which could possibly be just a rumour?) because it wasn't doing well. It was because he personally wants to go further than it alone could take him - he is very "business" focused unlike a lot of creatives.

I highly doubt he closed his brand too because it is profitable. I know for a fact though he stopped designing from Umbro, which was a collab anyway no? But expect to see Kim in many more places to come! :D

his brand was not profitable for sure :wink:

its very true thathis brand wasnt making any money, hence the reaosn he was designing a couple of other labels on the side which the public isnt aware of.. so to be then taken up by a company where financial strains dont matter.. well you'd be stupid to say no

Where in the world is Kim Jones?

So no F/W 08 and now no SS 09. What's going on? Does anyone know whats the deal?

does anyone have any info on this? Did he show in Paris in Jan 09 as suggested?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->