• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kim Jones - Designer, Creative Director of Fendi & Dior Men

I don't want to enact or support violence, nor do I ultimately condone it... but f*cking hell he's got such a punchable face.

Just a smarmy little snot rag. And funny that once again he's doing yet another shallow collaboration when not too long ago, I swear he said (to have it "on record") that he doesn't "rely too much on collaborations" and that he does things on his own. I may be making that up so don't quote me, but at one point I am sure something like that came up because there was a moment where the collabs were getting way too out of hand.

He has cheapened the brand so much. Now Fendi is a brand for reggeaton singers and their wives. Whenever I see something from Fendi it causes a sort of a rejection feeling inside of me. It’s so, so cheap and vulgar now.

Kim Jones will not present a Fendi Haute Couture collection for Fall 2024:

Oh…They are not even buying the Couture no more? I mean to go from extraordinary furs coats and technical dresses to a parade of Jersey bodycon dress was already a big step back.

At this point, even Daniel Lee for Fendi would be enough for me.

It’s sad if he takes the couture shows with him on the way out. Well I liked it better when it was a haute fourrure show.

Between him leaving, the Hedi talks, and the sudden executive reshuffle at LVMH fashion group I hope something’s not brewing.

It’s sad if he takes the couture shows with him on the way out. Well I liked it better when it was a haute fourrure show.

Between him leaving, the Hedi talks, and the sudden executive reshuffle at LVMH fashion group I hope something’s not brewing.
I liked it better too when it was only FW shows. Fendi is a fur house, so furs!
I think with the question of sustainability the fur question is more relevant than ever, specially at a house known for it innovation.

We saw Karl in his last few collections use fabrics to look like fur, use embroideries to look like astrakhan while elevating more common skin like shearling.

There’s something that I think Karl and Silvia clearly understood: Fendi cannot do Couture a la Valentino or Dior. That’s why Silvia’s solo Couture still remains one of my favorite collection ever. It looks like what a HC collection from a RTW and Fur Italian house should look like. Without all the pompous attitude of classic French Couture.

And I think Jones is too much in his world to be totally in Italian and Roman culture.

^ I honestly don't think Jones cares that much about Italian culture, let alone Fendi. But then, I wonder if he's actually doing well as he basically cancelled his pre-fall show at Dior, and now he's doing the same thing with couture at Fendi. It's almost as if he tried to get rid of anything that is not essential for the brands.

I think about this all the time but seriously why did LVMH try to shove Kim Jones so hard down our throats? He was perfect at Louis Vuitton, where he was doing really good collections. But at the other houses? Shockingly awful and embarrassing.

He must have a MASSIVE ego to believe he could do not only Christian Dior but also Fendi too. He was and is clearly over-stretched at the moment to the point where through all his insipid CoLLAbZ he has driven both brands into the ground.

Dior Homme aka "Dior Men" *rolls eyes* is probably the most embarrassing menswear offering to come out of the LVMH stable. It's so massively cringe, I get second-hand embarrassment at seeing the people that wear it. They are seriously due for another vision. Somebody who will restore the brand prestige and ASAP.

You know that if we gonna take few letters and add few others in the phrase "internal rescheduling" we can end up with "Kim Jones is getting sacked and rightfully so because he almost destroyed Karl and Silvia's legacy in this historical Italian fashion house"?

You know that if we gonna take few letters and add few others in the phrase "internal rescheduling" we can end up with "Kim Jones is getting sacked and rightfully so because he almost destroyed Karl and Silvia's legacy in this historical Italian fashion house"?
In terms of Karl’s legacy, what’s going on with Fendi is more atrocious than any frumpy, ill fitting garment Virginie puts out on the runway for Chanel. I feel like, again, while Virginie might be horrible… it’s an honest lack of vision, etc. Meanwhile, Kim is just a smug bastard…

I don’t know, but I feel like there was this expectation that Kim will eventually take over all of Dior because of the merchandising maverick they pulled off early in his Dior tenure. Fendi was to be the test.

I think about this all the time but seriously why did LVMH try to shove Kim Jones so hard down our throats?
I think, in hindsight, LVMH is now asking itself the same question.
Even at Vuitton, he was a great menswear designer but also not exactly a complete genius.
Placing all bets on him has been one of their biggest mistakes in recent years.

Now it will take a lot to revive Fendi, starting with the right appointment of a new CD.

Kim Jones can go into early retirement (I'm sure he can financially) and spend the rest of his life in his beloved Aman resorts if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jk1988
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->