Knee/Thigh High Socks

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
In rich fabrics and colors, they're the next big thing for next summer. The new version of knee high socks is less girly, more elegant. In less bright color, they can add a touch of magic to any outfit. A great alternative to knee high boots when paired with pumps, in the hotter summer months!

They definitely ruled the S/S 06 runways. Like them or not?

Prada S/S 06
Source: style.com

00040m.jpg
00130m.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier S/S 06

00020m.jpg
00410m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Celine S/S 06

00300m.jpg
00290m.jpg

:woot: love them too much..
not the over the knee versions, only the ones at the knee and only in monochrome. They are an absolute must in my wardrobe..

current fave colours: dark blue, granite, purple or black
wearing them on top of opaque tights :heart:

Marc Jacobs
source: style.com

00030m.jpg
00420m.jpg

Yes yes yes! Lovely lovely! I think they look fab because the newer and darker version of knee high socks (forget the school girl prep version) is very elegant.. ! I am in love with the grey Prada ones!!! :heart:

love the mark jacobs just posted

Lovely! :flower:

I love how they look with the outfits shown especially the Marc Jacobs, Prada, and Celine. :heart:

Dolce & Gabbana
00630m.jpg
00460m.jpg

i like them better when they are layered underneath another garment.
BIG :heart: on both those outfits.
now, only if my girl looked like either of the two:woot:

I love knee-highs, I wear them everyday with my school uniform. They fall just right under my knees. I wear them outside of school, too, with skirts. All the other girls in my school wear ankle socks, but I love my knee-highs.

I dont much like the Prada or the Jean Paul Gaultier (they look like they need garters to go with them) but the rest are fab! I cant wait til spring to try this look.

MJ actually did an over the knee version of it in his fall collection.

They are cute but I find them a little "dangerous" - you'll have to know how to pull it off, if not, it can easily lead to a mutton dressed as lamb effect.

I remember seeing knee high socks being worn everywhere in Japan, they were really popular years back. I still saw some girls wearing it during a recent trip to Tokyo, but I think the fervour for them among the Japanese girls has died down a little.

I personally can't see myself in them in Singpore..I feel a little too old :blush:
And it doesn't make sense to wear knee-high socks in humid Singapore, especially when the summer months swing around.

ooh, pretty, maybe I was subconsciously inspired when I boughtthe knee high socks last week heh

I am in LOVE with the JPG and the Prada ones.... I can see myself wearing them with shorts in the summer.... ^_^ :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->