LA Vintage/Thrift shopping

Riley

Reaction score
can anyone give me a list of some cool vintage and thrift stores to shop at in the LA areas?

I go to...

Wasteland, Slow, Ardvark on Melrose.. Decades is amazing if you have $$$

Jet Rag on La Brea, they have a 1 dollar sale on sundays in the parking lot.

In Burbank on Magnolia ( in the Valley) there are a bunch of thrift stores, a nice vinatge store called Swift and a store called It's A Wrap that sells clothes form tv and movies.

If you want to go all the way to Ventura there are lots of thrift stores there to.

I just discovered FRANK . it's located at 165 1/2 fairfax ave.

There is a small leather workshop, so you have to knock and ask one of them to let you in. It is very small, but i have found interesting things.

I shop at

Slow Clothing 7474 Melrose Avenue 323.655.3725
Aaardvarks 7579 Melrose Avenue 323.655.6769
Jet Rag 825 N. La Brea Avenue 323.939.0528

there is a place in the valley called "Valley way thrift store" there on Lankersheim and San fernando road...they have some cool things there. I recently scored on a YSL mens dress shirt, a vintage christian dior sweater and some very nice wide belts.
Valley Thrift Store 9007 Lankershim Blvd., Sun Valley 818.768.8338

also American Rag et Cie 150 S. La Brea Avenue, 323.935.3254. they have some nice vintage dresses.

BBC Vintage clothing...they get new shipments in ever week. 517 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica 310.395.1300.

Polkadots and Moonbeams 8381 West 3rd Street, 323.655.3880.

:flower:

oooh thanks so much guys, im writing them all down!

im moving to LA in a month (sherman oaks to be specific...yaaawwwnsville) and im already getting excited about shopping!

any more???

Iguana Vintage on Ventura blvd. is in Sherman Oaks, it's pretty good but a bit pricey sometimes. They also have a place on Hollywood blvd. I think

LA-Thrift.JPG

:lol:

^^^^^YES!!!! OOTC is cool...sometimes! thanks for the picture. :lol: :flower:

Great suggestions! Any others & types of things you might find there?

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to add a few things:

the Wasteland in Santa Monica is a lot better than the one on Melrose; the prices are more realistic and it's less picked over. I sell some stuff there too and their prices are decent.

the Fairfax flea market is lots more manageable than the Rose Bowl one, and they have a spectacular collection of vendors.

and my personal favorites (ahh I'm spilling the secrets!) are the Goodwills in Brentwood and Beverly Hills. You just can't beat the prices and if you're willing to brave the smell and the long search there are treasures to be found. I got my prom dress at goodwill- a teal Cynthia Rowley minidress that was selling online for $400 . . . yeah I paid two bucks and then eight bucks for dry cleaning. It was in mint condition too.

Thanks CarolineRose for the updates! I'm going to LA soon so would love any suggestions too :P

I'll have to look up the Fairfax flea market - American flea markets are so much better than ones here at home (Australia).

I love your suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->