Lagerfeld's New Label

what day for oprah?
also, wasn't he on some dramatic diet? the same one andre leon tally was on?

Yes, Andre Leon Tally is on a diet...the beginnning was all captured in an issue of Vogue last year :D

Back to the topic, I would love to see more pictures of this new collection! I can't deny I am interested.. but oh, Herr Lagerfeld on Oprah?!!
I can't wait... :wink:

Im interested to see the collection in person.

I might have missed this...but will ALL NM stores carry the line, or just a few select ones???

from new york magazine...

karllagerfeld060206_1_560.jpg

Karl Lagerfeld, Boy Prince of Fashion
by Vanessa Gringoriadis

Down Fifth Avenue they come, the fragrant and bejeweled hordes, having said their bons mots at Derek Lam’s cocktail party at Barneys and a Tom Ford perfume launch at Saks, and now clippity-clopping their way ever closer to the opening of the exquisite new Fendi boutique on 53rd Street. It is 8 p.m., still early enough for tourists to stroll about and city buses to zoom by, and also too early for the arrival of Karl Lagerfeld, designer of Chanel, Fendi, Lagerfeld Collection, a new Karl Lagerfeld line, and “the reason we are all here!” Half an hour before the event is supposed to end, Lagerfeld remains at his suite at the Mercer, and it’s whispered that he will not leave because he cannot find a thing to wear. Soon, Silvia Fendi, the handsome blonde daughter of the LVMH-owned house, is packed in a Town Car and sent downtown to work some magic, or at least appeal to Lagerfeld’s nobler side, because Lagerfeld is nothing if not noble.

What can one talk about while waiting for Lagerfeld? Lagerfeld, of course. “Karl has the energy of . . . what? Twenty-five thousand Turkish elephants!” says socialite Anne Slater, wearing her big blue glasses and grinning up a storm. “He’s magnetic and powerful. I think he’s absolutely, devastatingly attractive.”

“At our dinner for Karl at Schiller’s, firemen had to stand at the door to stop people from coming in because everyone wanted to see him,” says Robert Burke, the recently departed Bergdorf Goodman head of fashion. “Karl said the firemen were the best-dressed people from the whole evening!”

“Karl is a genius!” exclaims Lindsay Lohan, whose name has been lobbed recently as the new face of Chanel (“I prefer Nicole Kidman and that generation at the moment,” Lagerfeld later tells me drily). “I want to have everything that he makes. Everything! I go into stores and grab all his things.”

“Karl is the one person that makes me shy,” says throaty Bungalow 8 owner Amy Sacco. “I think I’ve conquered—I’ve run the gamut on people that I speak to, and very few times have I been shy. But Karl is beyond, and I’m afraid I’d bore him to tears.”

Giorgio Armani, André Leon Talley, Anna Wintour with her pretty daughter, Bee. “A conversation with Karl is not a fashion conversation—it’s a conversation, a conversation that embraces the culture of life,” says Talley. Amanda Cutter Brooks, Celerie Kemble, Anh Duong. “Karl defended me once. He said, ‘Do not forget that Anh is not only a beautiful woman but also an artist!’ ” exclaims Duong. Sophie Dahl, Cecilia Dean, Liv Tyler. “I’m starting to feel a little tired and overwhelmed, and I wonder if I slip out if anyone would notice,” lisps Tyler, with one of her coy half-smiles. An emissary from Planet Not Obsessed With Karl: Chuck Close plants his wheelchair two inches from the exit door. “I’m not very interested in fashion,” says Close, surveying the crowd. He sighs. “This event is making me want to start smoking again.”

rest of the article here:
http://www.nymetro.com/fashion/06/spring/15746/index.html

justinelm said:
specially if it's 'fat' Oprah :wink: when it happens

You're behind ... she hasn't been "fat" in quite some time ... she doesn't even eat her own birthday cake anymore.

Well, great news ... Karl's great with denim as we know from the James Dean collection ... :rolleyes:

Have any of you Karlaholics tried his diet? I was tempted to order his book but I heard it was complicated and wasn't realistic to follow if you didn't have a chef (!) and all...
But he sure looks great these days; when I see pics from years ago it is shocking how heavy he was!!:blush:

feature1.jpg

i got this in an email from eluxury. one season only? it's different stuff from the line that neimans/bergdorf had.

I've just committed to keeping an overpriced pair of jeans from this line :ninja:

But the fit is PERFECT and I've been searching soooooo long!!
Self-justification in progress...

is it correct that net-a-porter will stock K by Lagerfeld?

When will it actually hit the stores??

$175 for a tee :o ... no way!!!!
But since its Lagerfeld then it's always forgivable .... :D

Did he come out on Oprah yet? Would someone catch it so I can see it? I wanna know which models appeared, if im not mistaken KK (back then when she wasn't annoying) had a cute little part when she appeared on the Valentino thingy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->