Lanvin Happy Sac, Partage Sac, and Amalia

Reaction score
I am interested in how the quality is, too...(strange that there is so little info about such an "old" brand :blink:).. I have heard that all the bags are handmade and top quality from a few people... I hope I can go to Lanvin next time I'm in Paris to see the quality with my own eyes...

I love this one, I will consider buying it instead of a chanel 2.55

lanvin5.jpg
lanvin6.jpg

lanvin7.jpg
lanvin8.jpg

bagcraze.blogspot.com

^ As you saw, that is the same bag I'm looking at, but without the texture :wink: You have excellent taste :P

I've seen it in person & everything looks good ... the chain is particularly beautiful. (I suppose you want a chain bag from a designer who's also well known for costume jewelry, which would be either of the ones you mention :wink:) The only thing that looked like a potential weak spot to me was the lining ... not that it looked bad, it just looked like the weak point of the bag, the thing that would go first if anything did. I suppose it could also be repaired ... and I don't really care about the logo fabric inside. The zipper was heavy duty & slightly difficult to operate ... probably just needs to be broken in a bit. Bear in mind that this bag is on the small side ... all the major items I carry fit inside without a problem, but I would definitely have to watch it, no cramming in extras & certainly no water bottle :lol:

I guess I should say what those are ... a smallish wallet, a largeish lipstick case, makeup bag, phone, keys, pillbox.

Another little disadvantage is there are absolutely no inside compartments. The bag I have now has 3, and they work perfectly for me ...

However, the bag is very beautiful, and I am very picky ... what's a girl to do :innocent:

I've read (from bagsnob blog, I think) that older Lanvin bags had problems with the hardware but the newer ones are fine.

I really like the version you posted, I didn't know there was any other than the textured one. I can't wait to see it irl now that you are talking about it!

(Secretly I hope it will go on sale because the brand is unknown by so many people although I would buy it at full price.)

^ As you saw, that is the same bag I'm looking at, but without the texture :wink: You have excellent taste :P

I KNOW! Great minds think alike! :brows::shifty: Just kidding =)

I've seen it in person & everything looks good ... the chain is particularly beautiful. (I suppose you want a chain bag from a designer who's also well known for costume jewelry, which would be either of the ones you mention :wink:)

Great point you are making here! I will write that down for future use :flower:

The only thing that looked like a potential weak spot to me was the lining ... not that it looked bad, it just looked like the weak point of the bag, the thing that would go first if anything did. I suppose it could also be repaired ... and I don't really care about the logo fabric inside. The zipper was heavy duty & slightly difficult to operate ... probably just needs to be broken in a bit.

Did you see interior pics anywhere online? Would love to see the lining etc...
Actually, that sounds good. I think better the lining than the hardware or leather!

Bear in mind that this bag is on the small side ... all the major items I carry fit inside without a problem, but I would definitely have to watch it, no cramming in extras & certainly no water bottle :lol:

I guess I should say what those are ... a smallish wallet, a largeish lipstick case, makeup bag, phone, keys, pillbox.

Another little disadvantage is there are absolutely no inside compartments. The bag I have now has 3, and they work perfectly for me ...

Hm, yes, definately not a bag you want to overstuff (not that I am talking about myself here :ninja: noo, I haven't broke a zillion sport backpacks because of overstuffing :innocent:). Would also give the bag a weird shape I guess.

But I think it is perfect for the days you want to carry only a few items with you and it can be used as an everyday and evening bag! :heart:

However, the bag is very beautiful, and I am very picky ... what's a girl to do :innocent:

She has to BUY IT! :D

based on my original kansas i must say the quality is outstanding! the hardware is just good but the leather is great.
:smile:

Outstanding? :woot: Can you compare the quality to other bags/brands you know??

Lanvin Happy Sac

Now that I know what this bag is called, starting a new thread for it :flower:

barneys

m&c, I haven't seen any interior pix online. As best I recall it was black on black, LANVIN LANVIN LANVIN, and the familiar Lanvin silhouette.

It actually is really not even possible to overstuff this bag (and still close it). The leather is quite substantial ...

Here are a couple closeups of the leather & the chain ... the leather has a bit of a dusty look to it, and the chain is antiqued.

Attachments

• lanvin closeup 2.png
    lanvin closeup 2.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 11
  • lanvin closeup.png
    lanvin closeup.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 9
i have 2 lanvin bags, and the quality is great...
i have a heroine bag (black leather) and the new shopper...
the heroine bag has a convertible handle like the chanel quilted, but it does hurt if you have too much in the bag...i like the new shopper because of the leather shoulder protectors...

this bag is really cool...is it in stores now?

yeah I love this bag - beautiful. What's the price point on it? Around 2k?

^ It is in stores now, kimair ... & I believe mytheresa has the textured one. Price for the one I posted is $1485. Btw there's a bigger bag that looks like it has this one tacked onto it ...

This Lanvin is the femme version of the YSL besace flap which is the lesbian sister.

barneys

Here's a comparison of the Happy Sac and Partage Sac ...

Attachments

• Lanvin bag.jpg
    Lanvin bag.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 628
  • Lanvin Partage.png
    Lanvin Partage.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 5
:heart: the details!

ta-ta, you are talking about the partage sac i guess? i don't like it...

2hdu174.jpg
23w0279.jpg

barneys

Apparently the happy sac comes in a larger version ( 40 x 30 cm ) called Hurrah ... I can only find it in white though :huh:

89292_1.jpg

brownsfashion.com

The leather versions are going for $1485 on Barneys.com.
Here's the brown leather version :heart:

*barneys.com*

^ Yes, I don't like the Partage either ... reminds me of Marc Jacobs & not in a good way :ninja:

I don't think the Hurrah is a larger version of the Happy ... I really thought I saw a larger version of the Happy Sac in store, I'll have to look again when I go back. I haven't seen it online I don't think ...

Btw, other colors I've seen the Happy Sac in are the black, a lighter brown, the light tan you posted, and olive.

the one posted on the 1st post is :
Chain link straps sit on either side. A flap covers the main opening with a twist fastening. Pockets sit on the lining.
Perfectly proportioned, a stylish bag for day or night, 100% Leather
Chain link straps. Twist fastening
size : Width 28cm Length 23cm Depth 10cm
currently retails for £850.00
seen at : www.brownsfashion.com

there's also the clutch one
Lanvin Bag Clutch Stamped Leather
currently retails for £600.00
seen at : www.brownsfashion.com
lanvin1-1.jpg
lanvin2-1.jpg

lanvin3-1.jpg
lanvin4-1.jpg

there's also this combo of the partage sac
Partage
Brown plain calfskin and navy blue patent calfskin bag.
Collection : Printemps Été 08
1436 €
small_PE3_LAN25_SA_JO_BIG.jpg
small_PE3_LAN25_SA_JO_NORMAL.jpg

source : bagcraze.blogspot.com

oh so many different versions know I am getting confused :doh:

what type of leather is the happy sac exactly made of?

Aaaaaaand I found a store not that far away (well if you compare it to Paris :mrgreen: ), will call them tomorrow and if they have the bag I will go there in the next two days.

^ Well, it's different types depending on the bag. I went by & picked my bag up last night, and also checked out the others so I could report back :wink: There is no larger size, just the Partage. However ... there is a leopard print hair calf (or whatever it is) version of the Happy Sac, with black leather trim like my bag across the bottom of the flap. I don't know if it shows in the pix, but my bag has this same trim piece, there's just no contrast. This will make the leopard bag much more durable than it otherwise would be, of course ...

The leather is not quite like anything else I've seen ... it's slightly pebbly (as you can see in the detail shot on the previous page), and has this dusty nubuck finish. That's the best I know how to describe it :huh: The embossed leather that I've only seen in pix appears to be very different ...

Congrats Fashionista-ta! I hope you'll post modeling pics!

mytheresa, barneys

^ Thanks, Aby. Unfortunately I'm always really terrible about pictures ...

Thought I'd post a couple tidbits of information ...

• mytheresa calls this the Happy Partage Bag. Did Barney's make up Happy Sac (taste, luxury, humor)?? :huh:
  • Attached pic is the leopard ponyskin the Happy Sac comes in. (The bag shown is the Drape Frame Bag.)
  • The embossed leather is goatskin.

Attachments

• leopard.png
    leopard.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh