Lanvin Pre-Fall 2009

jacobs

Reaction score
from wwd.com:

In these uncertain times, Alber Elbaz still believes in dreams and the power of glamour and beauty. For Lanvin, he took paillettes and lamé to a new level and introduced luxe evening fabrics for day. He offered up brocade blouson jackets, ruffled lace cocktail dresses, beaded skirts with elastic waists and cozy knits and furs — all perfectly draped to a woman’s frame. Although he recycled elements from past collections, Elbaz updated some pieces by reducing volume for “real life,” as he put it, and added self-attached waist-cinching belts and ribbons to emphasize shape.

02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg
05.jpg

06.jpg
07.jpg

08.jpg
09.jpg

10.jpg
11.jpg

the first look is divine. :heart:
nearly all of the elements of S/S 09 that made me indifferent towards the collection are making an appearance here.. the shoulder knots, and furry detailing specifically, it's hard to overlook them but his incorporation of lace and 20s ruffles here is fantastic, very decadent.. I hope we see more of them for ready-to-wear.

thanks for posting, jacobs.

thankyouthankyouthank you alber! everything about this is beautiful. I was underwhelmed with spring 2009 so this makes me so happy.

God! Are you sure this is pre-fall?

It looks like that quality of a ready-to-wear!!!

Not fond of the lace dresses, but those glossy pieces are really nice.

everything in the first post is amazing. esp love the silver/gold pieces and the jewelry!!

this is fantastic. I love it.

I hope this is a hint at what is to come next season!

I'm so excited to see the fall/winter collection. This is exactly the kind of throwback to old school glamour and luxury that we need.

WOW WOW WOW! :woot: :heart:

Ten times better than the hideousness that was Spring 2009.

It's genius! The shapes are totally modern but you can still see the references to Jeanne Lanvin's Lanvin.

the first look is divine. :heart:
nearly all of the elements of S/S 09 that made me indifferent towards the collection are making an appearance here.. the shoulder knots, and furry detailing specifically, it's hard to overlook them but his incorporation of lace and 20s ruffles here is fantastic, very decadent.. I hope we see more of them for ready-to-wear.

thanks for posting, jacobs.
You used the exact words that popped into my mind when I saw this. :lol: The dark eyes go so well with the rich, decadent mood. I can't wait for march...

PS. LOVE the gloves. I hope we see a lot of them for RTW.

LOVE it! Really amazing. And indeed: much much better than S/S :ninja:

Except for some of the metallics, I'm sold. I love the styling too.

But last year's pre-fall was still a million times better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->