Laptops to match your outfit.

Mishtron

Reaction score
Ever wanted a laptop that matches your new bleached snakeskin Proenza Schouler jacket? Friends calling you a yuppie for using a mac because you can't be seen with an IBM?
It looks like the fashion industry has made a new friend with the laptop...
For a while, I thought Apple were the only ones making aesthetically pleasing laptops, as it turns out, Apple actually hires Asus to build their laptops. Asus also happens to supply a flashy set of leather trimmed laptops for fashionistas:
S66.jpg

One of the things making it perfect for the fashion crowd is that it's 11 inches long, which means you can practically fit it into a clutch, they even included a flashy pink in the collection of leather trims:
12970b.jpg

My personal favorite is the plain brushed metal version (not pictured)

Another fancy ultralight from sony:
vaio_1.jpg

Although these form over function computers were tempting,
I personally went for an Asus W3J (same components as a macbook pro, sexy brushed aluminum lid + swappable optical drive for $800 cheaper than a macbook pro)

Car manufacturers like porsche and lamborghini have already made some gaudy notebooks for the rich and tasteless, but I'm wondering how long until designers start unleashing Doirtops and Oscar de la Notebooks on their fashion victims.:lol:

I've been using mac's since I was like 5 years old, and sure, it was fun when the first Bondi Blue iMac came out (and then the spotted and flower print ones, and the shiny white ones, etc etc.. :wub:) and I love Apple's design, but any real mac user will tell you that it's not about looking trendy.

For the PC using crowd, this could be a trend. Like the gold and platinum and whatnot cellphones.

i always wanted pink laptop... and i said to my mother that if she doesn't want to buy me pink one, than i just don't want it... somehow i got great laptop,black. and there was pink for the same price!!!!

there's this seller on ebay that sells the skins for your celphones, laptops, and ipods.

i have the leopard print ones for my sidekick and ipod.

they're cheap too, about 8 bucks for three skins, you pick a print.

This idea of designer laptops seems silly to me.
If I'm shelling out $1500-$2000 for a laptop, my priority is to get something fully functional. I don't care for paying for an extra logo or design that doesn't add anything to the computer's capabilities.

What Ale mentioned is perfectly fine though.

cool , it reminds me i need a new lap .. but im ok with my green ipod shuffle :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->