Last Movie You Saw #10

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

Finally I watched can you ever forgive me and I likeed it. Now I feel like reading Lee Israel.

2. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

Climax by Gaspard Noé. A very interesting visual (and musical) experience

3. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

The "Fyre" doc on Netflix.

All I have to say is: ":sick::sick::sick:" and "I never want to hear the word 'influencer' ever again."

4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Omg, did you actually watch that?? :rofl: I was so shocked when I saw it in my feed that I looked for a button to remove it from my sight. Permanently!
    I mean, I get it. There should be something for everyone. But Netflix actually threw money at this instead of doing the right thing by Monique? :lol: There was really nothing else to document? Other than a social media party where sh!t went sideways? Talk about keeping the dumb dumber.

What's more shocking is that there's not one, but TWO Fyre documentaries doing the rounds right now. Sometimes I wish I could tap out from society.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  5. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

The Fyre doc by Netflic was a fine exercise in comedy, that asian guy peeing on the tents, that old queen willing to give a blowjob to some customs officer, the cute yoga guy trying to keep it all together and the absurdity of Bella Hadid and Emily Ratface becoming signifiers of wealth, status and coolness. Kill me, please. The Hulu one left me cold, the editing was trying too hard to be funny (when this story is already laugh out loud hilarious) and the interview with the scammer-in-chief wasn't interesting at all.

I saw BlackkKlansman and thought it was a very cool, informative movie with great comedic bits scattered throughout that make it stand apart from the Oscar-bait cheesiness of most competitors...plus it gave me a chance to marvel at how ugly-hot Adam Driver is. A 9/10 for me.

6. jexxica

jexxica Moderator

First Reformed. Ethan Hawke deserved to be nominated for an Oscar.

7. KissMiss

KissMiss Well-Known Member

8. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

Velvet Buzzsaw. I loved it. A lot of mystery and disturbing scenes in the art world. That's what you get critics! That artist's soul reminds me of Stanisław Szukalski who hated critics

9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Feeling campy, so Death Becomes Her and She Devil.

Both are part of the 'so bad that it's actually rather good' category. Besides, bitchy Meryl Streep is the best. Lol

YohjiAddict likes this.
  10. jexxica

jexxica Moderator

Hellraiser, for the very first time.

11. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Well-Known Member

Christian Petzold's Phoenix (2014), which was pretty stunning, astounding and challenging to watch.