Latest Steve Maddens

Originally posted by runs in heels@May 6th, 2004 - 10:24 pm
the only reason why i think you people are so offended by these shoes is because you can afford better, such a jimmy choo or manolo or pucci or ugg or whatever, but just because you can, doesnt mean toher people can. steve madden makes his shoes for people that cant afford the $400 manolos or $169 uggs, these shoes are for people that want the style, but not the price. leave steven madden alone and look at yourselves, look how haughty you all are, just because the label says steven madden! i cant imagine why anybody would not want people less fortunate than themselves to have shoes that are not ugly! i cant believe that anyone would want someone to sue steve madden or bebe or whoever copies designer brands, its a horrible thing to think and you all should be ashamed of yourselves! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

thats my two cents(ps, i'm a bit pms'y, so thats why this is so rude, but its really how i feel)
uhm, runs in heels, there is no reason to get so angry. :rolleyes:

i dont like most of steve maddens shoes and NOT because i can afford better.
in fact i wear whatever i like. most high street shops in the UK got better shoes than steve maddens and also (i dont know where you live) but in Europe that type of shoe is over anyways... :wink:

so i would like to tell you that some shoe like that would NEVER offend me... :lol:
i wouldnt even look twice if i saw one... but if someone posts a pic and asks an opinion, i will post my opinion.... i think i know pretty much about where to find cheaper shoes that I find appealing. and places like nine west (in the US) def got cuter things than Steve.

having said all that, Steve M. might have certain designs that i might like. but we havent got one here so, so far I havent sen any :unsure: (i live in europe)

just my opinion :flower:

leyla, i dont care about whether you like that shoe or not. its when people say that they wish someone would sue places like steve madden is when i get upset. thats all. and i didnt mean to get upset, i just had a bad day, because people weren't listening to me on a project, and i turn my back for 5 minutes to do research, and they screw half the thing up. but i'm in a btter mood now. :P promise :flower:

Originally posted by runs in heels@May 6th, 2004 - 6:04 pm
leyla, i dont care about whether you like that shoe or not. its when people say that they wish someone would sue places like steve madden is when i get upset. thats all. and i didnt mean to get upset, i just had a bad day, because people weren't listening to me on a project, and i turn my back for 5 minutes to do research, and they screw half the thing up. but i'm in a btter mood now. :P  promise  :flower:
it upsets you that I say that I wish shoe designers could sue? that's how i feel why would you get upset about my opinion, and i do not know who "people" are i only see myself saying that, it's very polite to speak directly and not indirectly. you feel passionate about steve maddens shoes i do not. i am a shoe designer by trade and training and yes it upsets me to see that people are allowed to call themselves shoe designers who nothing but steal all the time, there entire exsistence is to steal to sale cheaper, is that fair no not to me, but there is no law that says they can't. my opinion of his shoes still stand, they are cheaply made, cheaply done, and he is still a ripoff in my eyes. but i would hope that does not anger you. i respect your opinion i would hope you respect mines. to me there is not authoritive voice on this forum for me, i tend to speak my true opinions and my opinions are not swayed by what i can and can't afford, i am into true craftsmanship and i professtionally and personally see none of that with his shoes. B) and of course my opinion will not stop the mass production of cheaper shoes. so there is no way i one little shoe designer could ever keep cheaper shoes from the public :lol:

Originally posted by Oria+May 6th, 2004 - 10:15 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oria @ May 6th, 2004 - 10:15 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-runs in heels@May 6th, 2004 - 6:04 pm
leyla, i dont care about whether you like that shoe or not. its when people say that they wish someone would sue places like steve madden is when i get upset. thats all. and i didnt mean to get upset, i just had a bad day, because people weren't listening to me on a project, and i turn my back for 5 minutes to do research, and they screw half the thing up. but i'm in a btter mood now. :P  promise  :flower:
it upsets you that I say that I wish shoe designers could sue? that's how i feel why would you get upset about my opinion, and i do not know who "people" are i only see myself saying that, it's very polite to speak directly and not indirectly. you feel passionate about steve maddens shoes i do not. i am a shoe designer by trade and training and yes it upsets me to see that people are allowed to call themselves shoe designers who nothing but steal all the time, there entire exsistence is to steal to sale cheaper, is that fair no not to me, but there is no law that says they can't. my opinion of his shoes still stand, they are cheaply made, cheaply done, and he is still a ripoff in my eyes. but i would hope that does not anger you. i respect your opinion i would hope you respect mines. to me there is not authoritive voice on this forum for me, i tend to speak my true opinions and my opinions are not swayed by what i can and can't afford, i am into true craftsmanship and i professtionally and personally see none of that with his shoes. B) and of course my opinion will not stop the mass production of cheaper shoes. so there is no way i one little shoe designer could ever keep cheaper shoes from the public :lol: [/b][/quote]
I can understand your frustrations when you see an idea being copied..but something like shoes... I dont think its that big of a deal... if you think about it..almost everything is "copied"... I mean who made the first TV design? Should no one else make diff brands b/c someone else thought of the idea first... their are only so many ways one can design tvs and shoes ...and hey they might look similar but I dont think paying almost 100% more for an original design is worth it. If you can honestly say that yes... a pair of shoes that cost 500 are so more comfortable (then a pair that costs 40) it feels like walking on clouds.. I promise u I would go out and buy a pair..but that isnt the case.
Sometimes talking about this reminds me of high school lol when one person would make fun of the other for copying.. I guess its in our blood...but I was hoping that an an older age (adults) we would think differently...

It's much easier to get patents for electronics and stuff like that, you know. And there are COUNTLESS ways to design shoes, I don't see why they have to BLATANTLY COPY another company's ingenuity when they can come up with their own designs. It's just as bad as all the fakes on Canal St. in my opinion. Therein lies my lack of respect.

Originally posted by suzi_stiltz@Apr 30th, 2004 - 1:37 pm
Here are the latest Steve Madden pumps. He call them BROIL. I could not agree more! I think they are soooo hot!

They have everything I like - Nice Pointed Toe, Tall Thin Heel, Open Sides

:heart: :heart: :heart: them
Can anyone find what shoe he knocked off to make these?

There are hundreds of heels with a pointed toe.
There are tons of shoes with steel heels.
And there are many D'orsay pumps.

Originally posted by Missy44x+May 7th, 2004 - 10:52 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Missy44x @ May 7th, 2004 - 10:52 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Oria@May 6th, 2004 - 10:15 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-runs in heels
@May 6th, 2004 - 6:04 pm

it upsets you that I say that I wish shoe designers could sue? that's how i feel why would you get upset about my opinion, and i do not know who "people" are i only see myself saying that, it's very polite to speak directly and not indirectly. you feel passionate about steve maddens shoes i do not. i am a shoe designer by trade and training and yes it upsets me to see that people are allowed to call themselves shoe designers who nothing but steal all the time, there entire exsistence is to steal to sale cheaper, is that fair no not to me, but there is no law that says they can't. my opinion of his shoes still stand, they are cheaply made, cheaply done, and he is still a ripoff in my eyes. but i would hope that does not anger you. i respect your opinion i would hope you respect mines. to me there is not authoritive voice on this forum for me, i tend to speak my true opinions and my opinions are not swayed by what i can and can't afford, i am into true craftsmanship and i professtionally and personally see none of that with his shoes. B) and of course my opinion will not stop the mass production of cheaper shoes. so there is no way i one little shoe designer could ever keep cheaper shoes from the public :lol:
I can understand your frustrations when you see an idea being copied..but something like shoes... I dont think its that big of a deal... if you think about it..almost everything is "copied"... I mean who made the first TV design? Should no one else make diff brands b/c someone else thought of the idea first... their are only so many ways one can design tvs and shoes ...and hey they might look similar but I dont think paying almost 100% more for an original design is worth it. If you can honestly say that yes... a pair of shoes that cost 500 are so more comfortable (then a pair that costs 40) it feels like walking on clouds.. I promise u I would go out and buy a pair..but that isnt the case.
Sometimes talking about this reminds me of high school lol when one person would make fun of the other for copying.. I guess its in our blood...but I was hoping that an an older age (adults) we would think differently... [/b][/quote]
I agree :flower:

At the end of the day i dont really care for shoes that much because they only go on my feet. Thats not to say i wouldnt buy a designer pair if i wanted to splash out but im just as happy with a cheap pair. :woot:

Originally posted by Missy44x+May 7th, 2004 - 10:52 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Missy44x @ May 7th, 2004 - 10:52 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Oria@May 6th, 2004 - 10:15 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-runs in heels
@May 6th, 2004 - 6:04 pm

Sometimes talking about this reminds me of high school lol when one person would make fun of the other for copying.. I guess its in our blood...but I was hoping that an an older age (adults) we would think differently...[/b][/quote]
ok you say you understand then you go on to basically tell me i am being childish :unsure:

well it is how i feel you may not see the big deal but i do, if you feel that shoes are not worth the money then that is your opinion you may have no idea of how shoes are produced, how much it cost to produce well made shoes, or the creative process or maybe you do, but i can tell you outside of the luxury brands shoe designers aren't becoming donald trumps. shoes are often priced based on how much money it took to make a shoe. for shoe samples alone in italy could cost you anywhere from 15k to 18k. the shoe business is a very expensive venture and to think if your shoe doesn't sell jaja you are stuck.

but i love what i do and my opinion still stands. it has nothing to do with trying to take away nice shoes from lower price points or trying to sway one to only buy one way. no if you want to copy a shoe, do so but add your own creative take on the shoe, do not just take the shoe and change the color or materials used then call yourself a shoe designer that is all i am saying, which is not that different than people complaining about celebrities who call themselves designers, why should we settle in the shoe and accesories world. and i am sorry to disagree with you there a a million ways to do shoes we just haven't figured out ways to realise it yet. but maybe in my lifetime what i see in my head will become real. and i will also say that your feet are very important (well they are to me) and people should be very concerned with what they put on them. to make sure the shoe is safe is always important, comfort and beauty is something all shoe designers strive for and so far we have yet to do a good job in it. it's the damn arch jajajajaja! all in all thank you for sharing your opinion it has been processed. B)

Originally posted by Nader@May 7th, 2004 - 11:03 am
It's much easier to get patents for electronics and stuff like that, you know. And there are COUNTLESS ways to design shoes, I don't see why they have to BLATANTLY COPY another company's ingenuity when they can come up with their own designs. It's just as bad as all the fakes on Canal St. in my opinion. Therein lies my lack of respect.
ahh someone who understands, i couldn't agree more. :flower: i wish it was much easier but this is life we deal with the hand we are dealt or something like that, my north american friends are always teaching me some new sayings jajaja!

suzi_stiltz, thank you for sharing the fotos i hope you don't take my opinion of maddens shoes as an insult to you or the thread. :flower:

It's not like this style of shoe is very innovative so I can't see how it is a blatant copy. :rolleyes: And people really need to stop giving credit to the big designers for introducing this style of shoe unless you know for sure that they are the inventers of the extra pointy stilletto. Just because you put some sort of print where the foot covers the shoe doesn't mean that nobody else can do the same. Electronics are patented because somebody actually INVENTED something.

If a shoe is well made, of excellent quality materials and are comfortable, then it doesn't matter what the cost is to me. However, in the case of Steve Maddens, they are made terribly, of either harder leathers or pleather and are so flimsy they never last me very long. I would rather cough up a bit more for a pair of shoes that makes my feet smile rather than curl up in a fetal position and cry... hehe. I just gave my feet emotions and decision making license... funny.

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@May 7th, 2004 - 11:03 pm
I like to think of my Steve Maddens as Manolo Blahnik training wheels.
you should make that your signature! that's an awesome quote you just said!

oh, and banana, i wasnt referring to this shoe as a blatant copy. I was saying in general a company who does it needs to try something else. As well, I was pointing out with my electronics remark that it is easier to patent it (regarding one of missy's statements), and probably not possible to patent a shoe, which is why its hard to stop boring imposters.

Originally posted by Nader+May 8th, 2004 - 1:34 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nader @ May 8th, 2004 - 1:34 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-hollyslookingdry@May 7th, 2004 - 11:03 pm
I like to think of my Steve Maddens as Manolo Blahnik training wheels.
you should make that your signature! that's an awesome quote you just said! [/b][/quote]
Aw thank you.

I think I will.

I like this style... And it is a steve madden:

1086475-BELLAGIO-S342.jpg

987575-bellsil1.jpg

10927-bellagio1.jpg

Originally posted by scandinavianchic@May 8th, 2004 - 12:02 pm

987575-bellsil1.jpg

10927-bellagio1.jpg
steve madden or not, I think these are nice! :wink:

ive got the purple ones....theyre definately uncomfortable and hard to match with anything i wear. but cute.

this silver pair looks ok but i would cut the bow on the heel :wink:

Me too. It looks like it would get caught on something.

Originally posted by scandinavianchic@May 8th, 2004 - 12:02 pm

987575-bellsil1.jpg

10927-bellagio1.jpg
Wow! All three are so cute! I dont care if they're Steve Madden :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence