Le Tigre

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by meister122, Sep 25, 2004.

1. meister122

meister122 New Member

What does everyone think of this 80s revival brand? I really didn't have an opinion (except for "lacoste rip off") until the boutique I work at started to carry them. They have done really well and grown on me. The ladies seem to appreciate how the polos are less stiff than lacoste and are slightly more form fitting (not to mention that they are half the price). My friend told me that they were started back in the 80s to compete with Lacoste when that brand was really hot and trendy last, so now someone else has had a similar idea since Lacoste is back in full force again. Do you guys think that they will pass shortly as the retro preppy trend fades? Or that they will stick around?

2. sefis

sefis New Member

IMHO le tigre is already over, it never really picked up much steam and once the lacoste craze dies down le tigre will be totally forgotten once again.

3. meister122

meister122 New Member

First, what does IMHO mean? Second, that's interesting because here it's just getting started. I suppose it makes sense that it could already be over considering that Adam Brody wore it on the OC and that was almost a year ago. I mean I think that by the time we got Von Dutch up here it was pretty much over everywhere else.

4. meister122

meister122 New Member

side note: the Houston Galleria rocks...is the Dior boutique open yet?

5. mishahoi

mishahoi loaded and locked

i dont really have an opinion on le tigre, but IMHO means "in my humble opinion" also seen just as IMO. :flower:

6. hollyslookingdry

hollyslookingdry New Member

I don't know how they fit, but to me the tigre logo is pretty bulky and ugly. It looks really cartoonish.

7. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I always thought le tigre was just a sad Lacoste wannabe, and since I don't care for Lacoste, I have to say I'm not intrigued by the tiger either.

8. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

ditto...i was in high school the first time the lacoste and le tigre phase happened...and the kids with the le tigre's were basically looked at as wannabes as well... :innocent:

9. sefis

sefis New Member

Yeah the galleria is great, the dior boutique just recently opened, I stopped in there once but their selection of dior homme was pretty weak. They did say they were expecting a bunch of new stuff in soon though. I normally do most of my shopping at the galleria Neiman Marcus though anyhow as I have relatives who get me discounts there =)

10. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

i thought this was about the band. i like them. but the polos don't do much for me.

11. im_so_addictive

im_so_addictive New Member

yeh, i thought it was about the band too. mmm i love the band, never heard of the polos. i dont wear polos.

12. Misako

Misako within an embrace

I think it'll only last as long as the retro preppy look is around - a lot of their polos don't have a "lasting" look - it looks very very...80's ish, and once that look goes out of style, so will these, unless they start doing standard polos in a more classic vein like the Lacoste and the RL ones...

13. meister122

meister122 New Member

The ones we got at my store were actually very classic, pretty colors like emerald green, white, turquoise, and black. Though I must say that I think that they will pass with the preppy trend.

14. meister122

meister122 New Member

I am so excited, the mother's side of my family all lives there so I visit often. I will have to check out the Dior store when I go. They weren't open yet when I was there last (end of July).

15. luvkoshi

luvkoshi New Member

For those of us who click here thinking this thread is about the band, here's a pic of Le Tigre on the cover of the current Venus Magazine(http://venuszine.com)...
    [​IMG]
    and here's a link to their website...
    http://www.letigreworld.com/sweepstakes/index.html

16. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

le tigre is a band???.... :unsure:

17. meister122

meister122 New Member

I wonder, does Le Tigre the band wear Le Tigre the brand?

18. agirlcalledk1ll

agirlcalledk1ll New Member

i love le tigre. the band.

the brand...i think i've bought a shirt from that brand while thrifting....i remember going 'aww, lookit the cute lil' tiger. grrrrr' (or something to that effect) + i'm pretty sure i gave it back to goodwill a few years later... but i'm not sure i'd go out looking for more. i own only a few polos ..

19. enrichi

enrichi New Member

Yeah, and they're pretty good, too!

20. sunglasshut11

sunglasshut11 New Member

Le Tigre.....

I see more and more of it on TV and around town. Just wanting to get some opinions from people on the brand, and also do you think Le Tigre will make as big of a come-back as lacoste did???

Thanks everyone,
    SGH11