Leather Shorts

saann

I don't know
Reaction score
what do you think about them?

they've been growing on me a lot lately, especially when in matt leather and after seeing this pair at Balmain I'm won over
carmen.jpg

gettyimages

what do you think about them?

they've been growing on me a lot lately, especially when in matt leather and after seeing this pair at Balmain I'm won over

I think they can look great, but I'm guessing that they can look bad quite easily too. I like them in this picture. Although I haven't seen anyone wearing them in real life, I'm guessing that they're a bit like leather pants in the sense that they just seem to work on some people and not on others. You should go for it :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
theyre very unflattering as leather tend to crease and wrinkle worse than fabric, making it look kind of weird around the crouch area. the ones on carmen are super short and they still look a little weird, that means 99.9% of the female population wont be able to pull them off, however im open to see new interpretations of this trend.

My wife has some. They look great on her. They are black and short like those. As the saying goes.... "Flowers fade fast, but leather lasts forever!" I bought them back in about 1991 or so.

I think this will be a huge trend this F/W season ... thoughts?????????

There are some I saw at TopShop online that I really love. But I am not sure how much I'd wear them!

I love leather shorts (and all things leather in general) and I really want a pair, but it's so hard to find the perfect pair! I usually like my shorts to be really tiny, because that's most flattering on my legs which aren't very long. But I suppose leather hot pants could very easily look sl*tty when they're too short and I don't want to risk that :P

Here are some of my favorites that I had saved on my computer:

Yigal Azrouel
yigalazrouelleathershor.jpg
yigalazrouelleathershor.jpg

forward by revolve

Muu Baa
muubaaleathershorts1.jpg

muubaaleathershorts2.jpg

polyvore

True Religion
truereligionhaleyleathe.jpg
truereligionhaleyleathe.jpg

neiman marcus

When it comes to leather shorts (and leather garments in general) it's all about proper matching. Of course, you can look sl*tty in them, but paired with something simple and in good quality they can look very chic and classy.
Personally, I'd never wear leather shorts because I'm not a huge fan of pants in general, but seeing them on other girls would be nice.

I actually love leather shorts! However, I don't own any...
It think they can look trashy, if one presents themselves in a trashy manner.

But if you dress them up right, I think they can look quite chic in my opinion.

The Yigal Azrouel ones look nice.

I think it looks best when it's cut to be oversized and a bit boxy. Likewise, conservative details like pleats look good done in leather.

I've seen versions like that styled by Susie Bubble and Tavi, and I thought they looked really good.

They just look awkward. The shorter styles are okay, but the leather bermuda shorts are just absolutely revolting.

ive got some in brown theyre baggy 80s style some how i find them more casual and less tacky ive not worn them yet but im going to dress them down with heavy knits etc i think/hope :ninja: i can pull it off

id quite like a short black pair for going out at night

These really have exploded all over british high street think they are going to be huge!!

They just look awkward. The shorter styles are okay, but the leather bermuda shorts are just absolutely revolting.
That's funny cause I feel exactly the opposite!
The bermuda's are lovely whereas I find the short pants a bit cheap :unsure:

^I totally agree. Also the ones I've seen in the local high street shops are the short ones. They are made in faux leather and the quality is so bad, they look like they are made of plastic. I can't help but think of them being a part of a hookers outfit :ninja:
They might look better in real leather though :unsure:

Snowqueen, those brown baggy ones sounds lovely. pics? :shifty:

i bought a vintage pair last winter which are high waisted, but baggy on the legs.
most unflattering.

this year, i went for a topshop pair.
lovely soft leather,still high waisted but tighter and shorter on the legs.
they arent micro-hotpants by any means but the cut is much better on me.

they are flat fronted with 2 side zips,and are much more flattering on the stomach/crotch area :D

i just bought the blank denim leather rip tide shorts! they're perfect and today i am wearing them with a nice feminine top!

that sounds nice, post pictures if you can!! I like the mix of rough with feminine :smile:

I love leather shorts and I think the mid-length ones are most flattering and flexible to style with different clothes. But I prefer tight, short ones!

Love them. I would wear them if I could pull them off lol. I really need to find a pair for a shoot Im styling next month but they're all sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->