Lebanese Style

Bonjus26

Reaction score
Forgive me for starting this if one already exists but i did search and didn't find one on Lebanon and i found that a bit odd, after all Barney, declared on How I Met Your Mother: "Lebanese is the new half-Asian." and not to mention, New Miss America Rima Fakih, Elie Saab and other up and coming fashion designers from Lebanon deserve to have the women that inspired them on a thread..

lebanon-pageant-lg.jpg

GD823605@BEIRUT,-LEBANON---AUGU-2602.jpg

lebbb.jpg

4485mazaj17.jpg

481faraya1.jpg

Love the Dior!!

6a00d8341c630a53ef00e55.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef00e55e.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef00e55.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef00e55p.jpg

I've never done this before so i hope it works..

am Intersted in seeing Lebanese street style. I find the pic where some girls are passing through some demolished buildings and snapping them confusing, What was going on?

Lebanese women tend to have amazing street style so i hope people can contribute to this thread..

That picture was taken by U.S. photographer Spencer Platt, who won the World Press Photo of the Year award for it.. it was after a cease fire in the country and the group of girls and the male were driving back to their town to check up on their house and help.

i hope this thread picks up and we get some pictures.
i d love to see them

LVboutique.jpg

Soon, the House of Louis Vuitton, celebrated purveyor of fine leather goods will open its first store in Beirut. Louis Vuitton will thus reaffirm its commitment to its customer base not only in Lebanon, but throughout the region, by opening its doors in the most luxurious shopping district in the country.

To celebrate the opening of its first Beirut store, Louis Vuitton is placing a giant trunk, decorated with the famous monogrammed canvas, in front of the historic building located at 103 Allenby Street. The structure, whose façade dates back to the 1950s, was preserved and restored under the aegis of the city’s redevelopment programme undertaken by SOLIDERE, the Lebanese Society for Development and Reconstruction.

Louis Vuitton has embodied the art of travel from 1854. Since its creation, the House’s vocation has been to offer travel baggage adapted to their specific needs. A skilfully calibrated mix of tradition and innovation, craftsmanship and creativity, history and modernity, these legendary, resistant pieces of luggage have become the essential partners of elegant travel.

The arrival in 1997 of Marc Jacobs as Artistic Director led to the successful “fashion debut” of ready-to-wear and shoes, as well as sunglasses, accessories, watches and jewellery. Since then, Marc Jacobs has imprinted the Vuitton style on all of the houses’ collections. His “classic with a twist” spirit, both simple and ultra-sophisticated, imbues the brand with a thoroughly modern allure that echoes the elegant lifestyle of its Lebanese clients.

Endowed with extraordinary dimensions (4.1 metres high, 9.5 metres long and 4.4 metres wide), the trunk evokes the special relationship between Louis Vuitton and Lebanon. Set in the very location where the new store will soon open its doors, it will remain visible until the end of construction.

www.iloubnan.com

From the pics i see in many lebanese magazines and on tv i find lebanese women's street style (mostly very trashy)

I highly doubt that, Lebanese women are known to be classy and fashionable in the middle east, but then again it depends on your definition of "trashy" and what magazines you look at, if your basing your judgement from seeing Haifa Wehbe and a few others like her.

Hmmm well i'm basing it on many arabic magazines, FTV Arabia & my visit to Beirut a couple of summers ago.

Too much makeup, fake tans, breast implants, enhanced lips, lots of cleavage on display, everyone's bottle blonde, lots of bare midriffs, mini skirts, super short shorts...most people followed trends there was no individual style ( this was what i saw from most women) ofcourse the whole nation didn't look like that...but overall this is what women looked like..I didn't like their 'street style' ...I have nothing against plastic surgery, makeup, or anything I mentioned above but to me A LOT of women were doing all of that at the same time which is a very trashy look to me

What they do to appear aesthetically pleasing is up to them, i cant comment on their breast implants and bloated lips and choice of hair colour, i wouldnt go as far as saying everyones bottle blond and has their clevage out and botexed from head to toe.. Also remember its Beirut and during summer alot of tourists and visitors from American and Canada and Europe. I can understand why Lebanon might appear like that because it isnt conservative like its neighbours. What i am talking about is the amount they spend on fashion and the effort they put into it, i happen to find it normal and not trashy at all.

To each their own i guess.. and thanks for having an input with this topic.

I'm happy there's a thread for Lebanese style. :heart: My people! Some people might look trashy, but at the same time, there are some very stylish people, too.

I'm sure they are! Lebanon was once considered the Paris of the East and I'm sure style reminds there, anyone nows what designers are more common over there? Or how is the Fashion world doing there? I was once very close to some Lebanese people and always remember them very stylish.

Hi Naiala, yes it is true Lebanon was and still is considered Paris of the Middle East.. fashion and style remain in the country but unfortunately i dont live there to be able to take photographs and post here so ill have to wait untill i go for a visit.

If your talking about Lebanese designers, then Elie Saab, Georges Chakra, Rabih Kayrouz, Basil Soda, Georges Hobeikas and Georges Chakra are the homegrown talent that are making their way overseas now. If you want to know about International designers, Beirut and all most other parts of Lebanon have all the famous and internationally recognised brands.. Stella McCartney has recently opened a store.. The fashion world is doing amazing over there, with every trip they surprise me and i find they keep getting better and better.

I hope this website can help give you a better insight into the fashion world in Lebanon..
http://www.iloubnan.fr/fashion/

From the pics i see in many lebanese magazines and on tv i find lebanese women's street style (mostly very trashy)

i agree.

the street style is horrendous - ive visited a lot and i have a lot of lebanese friends. no offence but street style is lacking!

my roots are Syrian but ive lived in europe and africa - now in asia :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->