• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Ledger blasts 'whores'

Duleeshab

wiser now
Reaction score
Ledger blasts 'whores'

August 25, 2005

0,10114,5040139,00.jpg
Star quality ... Heath Ledger

AUSTRALIAN actor Heath Ledger has joined Russell Crowe in berating actors who use their fame to appear in advertisements.

Ledger, who is based in Los Angeles and Sydney with his girlfriend, actress Michelle Williams, said he did not care about his image in the movie industry and hit out at image-conscious movie stars who appear in adverts.

"I'm certainly not someone who wants to go out and sell f...ing Tag Heuer watches and L'Oreal and all that whole stupid fashion that has come in right now," Ledger said.

"It is wh*ring ourselves for millions of dollars.

"I'm not sure I put thought into how I want to be perceived and how I come across. "I've never really concentrated on that. All my effort goes in between the time of action and cut."

Ledger stopped short of mentioning actors by name, but his comments mirror those made by Crowe earlier this year.

Crowe nearly fell out with his actress friend Nicole Kidman when he said it was "sacrilegious" for actors to appear in advertisements.

Crowe incited the ire of big-name stars in the industry when he declared his views in Australian GQ magazine.

"I don't use my celebrity to make a living," he said in January. "I don't do ads for suits in Spain like George Clooney or cigarettes in Japan like Harrison Ford.

"To me, it is kind of sacrilegious - it's a complete contradiction of the social contract you have with your audience. "I mean, Robert De Niro advertising American Express. Gee whiz, it's not the first time he's disappointed me. It's been happening for a while."

LOL I thought he would be blasting 'hookers'.

The line between celebrity and actor is seriously blurred these days. Give models back the mega buck make up contracts and Vogue covers !

awww... but have they themselves gotten offers?? :whistle:

:rolleyes: Love yourself much, Heath?

Did anyone else read how he sent an apology to the Sunrise breakfast show for his um 'behaviour' during an interview?

Russell Crowe doesn't use his celebrity to make a living? What a lying oaf. Anyone who demands $20+million a picture is more concerned with his paycheck than his craft. Doesn't the idea of an actor walking away from a role because he or she didn't get their standard fee just make you sick? I hear Ewan Mcgregor is getting paid $500 a week for his new movie. Bravo to that.

tastes_like_chic said:
Did anyone else read how he sent an apology to the Sunrise breakfast show for his um 'behaviour' during an interview?

ha ha sounds interesting!! What happened in the interview??
I do agree with him though on the idea of celebrity's selling out, it just shows though how important money is to them even when they have plenty.

ChinaLove said:
Russell Crowe doesn't use his celebrity to make a living? What a lying oaf. Anyone who demands $20+million a picture is more concerned with his paycheck than his craft. Doesn't the idea of an actor walking away from a role because he or she didn't get their standard fee just make you sick? I hear Ewan Mcgregor is getting paid $500 a week for his new movie. Bravo to that.

ABSOLUTELY!!! :clap:

oh ya right, what movie is ewan doing. hes a great actor.

ChinaLove said:

thank you! :flower:

sometimes i think even they forget that in some way they too are wh*ring themselves as well. so high we get that we can throw stones without evaluating our own. :innocent:

ChinaLove said:

Of course Heath and Crowe are both incredibly arrogant. Firstly, Crowe clearly has no idea or respect for the history of art that the house of Chanel has sponsored and created. He doesn't understand that movies are products - and that he himself is the advertisement. When he's sitting there at Letterman HE is the equivalent of the Chanel commercial. Does he understand? Oh no, once again proving that actors have nothing intelligent to say and should keep their mouths shut, he volunteers "deep anti-commercial" thoughts like this with no brain power whatsoever used on healthy self-criticism. What a blabbering blow-brain he is :shock:

Walking away from a role that intrigues you because you don't earn enough from it is not very cool. On the other hand, I wouldn't say that Ewan is great because he does take a role in a low budget movie. It all depends on his performance, which I predict will be fantastic. Some of the best movies are blockbusters, some are not. The price tag does not determine the quality of the art.

Russel Crowe and Heath both make me sick. They need to get the hell out of the 90s already - they're worse than the people they're talking about (and certainly not even comparable to Nicole Kidman) - like ugly wooden talentless Clooney - because they are hypocrites in addition to being hopeless actors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's okay when actors/actresses are featured in a commercial or an ad for a certain product. it always depends on how often they do it...if an actor is featured in 10 ads, I won't like it either...

ChinaLove said:
brilliantly put! :flower:

Ugh, why can't celebrities keep their big mouths closed?

ChinaLove said:

I couldn't agree more. Karma for you:flower:

oh please who wouldn't want the oppurtunity to work for a couple of days or hours and make millions to sell some silly little watch or a can of effing soda? Just as long as they're not endorsing something that's harmful. Self-righteous sour grapes. Like being an actor is such a f*cking calling from God. How utterly selfless of him. Yeah watching A Knight’s Tale has dramatically changed my life for the better you know. Hah. It's a known fact that most human beings veer towards the path of least resistance especially if it is made available to them. His very choice of occupation says it all. I don't think Johnny Depp finally agreed to be a spokesman for whatever product with intent to boost his "image", he probably accepted the offer so the money will help ensure his children's future. And which person in their right mind would turn down Chanel?? Take the stupid money and if you don't need it, give it to people who do. Who knows if some of them donate to charities or use it to help out family members or friends. Even if they're bloody money grubbing whores so what? Why so bitter? Providence will deal with all of that in good time and then some. If the companies are stupid enough to pay and the general public is stupid enough to buy, then bully for them all. He really needs to start “focusing” more on his “craft” and stop with the bitching and moaning. :rolleyes:

iluvjeisa said:
Of course Heath and Crowe are both incredibly arrogant. Firstly, Crowe clearly has no idea or respect for the history of art that the house of Chanel has sponsored and created. He doesn't understand that movies are products - and that he himself is the advertisement. When he's sitting there at Letterman HE is the equivalent of the Chanel commercial. Does he understand? Oh no, once again proving that actors have nothing intelligent to say and should keep their mouths shut, he volunteers "deep anti-commercial" thoughts like this with no brain power whatsoever used on healthy self-criticism. What a blabbering blow-brain he is
Well said iluvjeisa!

Tinuviel said:
Yeah watching A Knight’s Tale has dramatically changed my life for the better you know
:rofl: that made me giggle :lol: karma for you!

Tinuviel said:
oh please who wouldn't want the oppurtunity to work for a couple of days or hours and make millions to sell some silly little watch or a can of effing soda? Just as long as they're not endorsing something that's harmful. Self-righteous sour grapes. Like being an actor is such a f*cking calling from God. How utterly selfless of him. Yeah watching A Knight’s Tale has dramatically changed my life for the better you know.

Yes, the way many Hollywood actors take pretentious to another level boggles the mind :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->