Leonardo DiCaprio

^Yeah i was like i don't see a knot just, you know..flesh! LOL

Mon, 19 September 2011 Leonardo DiCaprio: 'J. Edgar' Trailer!

Check out Leonardo DiCaprio in the trailer for his upcoming movie, J. Edgar!
leonardo-dicaprio-j-edgar.jpg

The 36-year-old actor stars as J. Edgar Hoover, the man who oversaw the creation of the FBI.

PHOTO: Leonardo DiCaprio in J. Edgar - Sneak Peek

Armie Hammer takes on the role of Clyde Tolson, his number two man and rumored secret lover.

Josh Lucas, Judi Dench, Naomi Watts, and Ed Westwick also star in the Clint Eastwood-directed Dustin Lance Black-written flick, out November 9.

WILL YOU WATCH Leonardo DiCaprio in J. Edgar?
justjared

Fri, 07 October 2011 Leonardo DiCaprio: 'J. Edgar' Posters Unveiled!

Check out an angry Leonardo DiCaprio in these two posters for J. Edgar!
leonard-dicaprio-j-edgar-posters.jpg

Synopsis: During his lifetime, J. Edgar Hoover (DiCaprio) would rise to be the most powerful man in America. As head of the FBI for nearly 50 years, he would stop at nothing to protect his country. Through eight presidents and three wars, Hoover waged battle against threats both real and perceived, often bending the rules to keep his countrymen safe. His methods were at once ruthless and heroic, with the admiration of the world his most coveted, if ever elusive, prize.

WATCH: J. Edgar Trailer

He was as guarded in his private life as he was in his public one, allowing only a small and protective inner circle into his confidence. His closest colleague, Clyde Tolson (Armie Hammer), was also his constant companion. His secretary, Helen Gandy (Naomi Watts), who was perhaps most privy to Hoover’s designs, remained loyal to the end and beyond. Only Hoover’s mother (Judi Dench), who served as his inspiration and his conscience, would leave him, her passing truly crushing to the son who forever sought her love and approval.

J. Edgar, which was directed by Clint Eastwood and written by Dustin Lance Black, will be released in limited markets November 9 before hitting theaters everywhere November 11!
Justjared

leonard-dicaprio-j-edgar-posters-01.jpeg
leonard-dicaprio-j-edgar-posters-02.jpeg

Leonardo DiCaprio enjoys an afternoon in the sun on Sunday (October 16) along Bondi Beach’s promenade in Sydney, Australia.
leo-dicaprio-raw-bar-tobey-maguire.jpg

Earlier in the day, the 36-year-old actor enjoyed a bite to eat with The Great Gatsby co-star Tobey Maguire’s kids at Japanese restaurant Raw Bar. Leo was seen eating a bowl of noodles before taking a stroll along the rocks and beaches.

It was recently announced Leo’s new movie, the Quentin Tarantino-directed Django Unlimited will be released Dec. 25, 2012. His other movie, the Baz Luhrmann-directed The Great Gatsby is scheduled to hit theaters the same day.
justjared

'J. Edgar' stills. source: celebrity-gossip.net
j-edgar-101911-8_0.jpg
j-edgar-101911-7_0.jpg

j-edgar-101911-6_0.jpg
j-edgar-101911-5_0.jpg

j-edgar-101911-4_0.jpg
j-edgar-101911-3_0.jpg

j-edgar-101911-2_0.jpg

I don't know what to think of this film. Judging from the cast and crew it should be a sure thing but I have this feeling that it's going to turn out extremely bland/ridiculous. And Leo's acting, from the trailer, looks like his usual acting, I wish he would go for some lighter more comedic roles.

Him and Armie look super cute though.

From the trailer it looks like Leo does a pretty amazing job at portraying J. Edgar! I don't normally give him much credit for doing good accents (gangs of new york anyone?) but I'm impressed so far!

I can't wait for that movie and I really hope that he will finally get an Oscar

From the trailer it looks like Leo does a pretty amazing job at portraying J. Edgar! I don't normally give him much credit for doing good accents (gangs of new york anyone?) but I'm impressed so far!
People give Leo a lot of flack for the Gangs accent but I read that he was actually directed to go in and out of the accent as an indication that his character was just as American as he was Irish felt a sense of tension between those sides of himself. So while it might not have a brilliant choice it wasn't solely on Leo's shoulders if he was simply doing as directed. His accent in Blood Diamond was excellent though.

I have to say that I'm...intrigued by J. Edgar. The subject matter isn't something that I'd normally be interested in, but it has a great cast and from the trailers it looks very well done.

Finally some pictures of him in character are emerging. Sorry the photo's so small.
Source: Herald Sun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getty has more on set pictures with Tobey but i'm too lazy to post them....sorry

He looks like a Ken doll. Tall, tan & blonde.

He's wearing waaaay too much make-up, he looks orange

Armie Hammer heads to Hollywood Boulevard's landmark Roosevelt Hotel for the "J. Edgar" afterparty

zimbio

"J. Edgar" World Premiere

World Premiere of "J. Edgar" at the AFI FEST 2011 Opening Night Gala. Grauman's Chinese, Hollywood, CA.November 3, 2011.

zimbio

Leonardo DiCaprio at the AFI Fest 2011 Opening Night Gala World Premiere Of "J. Edgar" held at Grauman's Chinese Theater, Los Angeles.

zimbio

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishyloverr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->