Leonardo DiCaprio

wow he looks really good in this trailer! Can't wait, he will be a perfect Gatsby :smile:

^ Yes, although I have a reverence for the Redford film version of Gatsby, I think Leo is bringing a grittier look to the role; one criticism of the 70s version of the story was that Gatsby was too 'sanitised', if you will- after all, he is a big time gangster, not just a social climber... I continue to be impressed at what a good actor Leo is- and I need more pictures of the clothes, particularly since the last movie set such a very high standard!! :wink:
I was actually not a fan of the 70's version with Reford at all, so to my mind there's ample room for a good screen version of Gatsby.

My criticisms of 1970's films are more in less in line with most people's: I felt it was too sanitised and lifeless. The sets were great, the costumes were great, the actors looked great in their parts, everything was accurate, but I never got a sense of connection to the material.

Baz Luhrmann has his strengths and weaknesses as a director but one thing that his films rarely are is bland or unemotional. You could argue that he's overindulgent and that this new version seems to highight glitz and glamour but as you said in your post, there's a grittiness to it too that seems appropriate. There's a tarnish on the gold so to speak, that I saw in this trailer. I think that's something that Fitzgerald conveyed in his novel that really comes through here.

Of course that's reading a lot into a 2 minute trailer!^_^ I guess I'm just saying that I've yet to see a screen version of this novel that I've liked but that I'm optimistic about this one.

^ I completely agree with you lostgirl, and I am very excited to see how this version turns out.

1-Django-Unchained-2805.jpg

cinemateaser.com

Thanks. Can't wait for this movie. I'm guessing he's playing one of Tarantino's bad guys?

^ Yup, and supposedly the trailer is going to premiere before Prometheus, so we should get a peek really soon.

^SO excited about this movie!!!!!!! Leo looks fantastic!
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't get how he keeps pulling all these ht chicks when he dresses the way he does. I've never seen someone wear socks with those kind of shoes.:sick:

The Paramount Picture
To celebrate its 100th birthday, Paramount Pictures assembled 116 of the greatest talents ever to work at the studio.
paramount-700b1.jpg

vanityfair

I don't get how he keeps pulling all these ht chicks when he dresses the way he does. I've never seen someone wear socks with those kind of shoes.:sick:

I don't think that his way of dressing is the most important thing about him:lol::lol:.

But I kinda like his casual style.

The Leo Tapes
GQ (India) -
November 2011

PH: Craig McDean

ebook-free-download.net

Additional Images from GQ (Japan) - March 2012
The name of this editorial is Hollywood's Golden Boy. Pretty much the same images as above but in lower quality.

hudie.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oates
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->