Leonardo DiCaprio

The Great Gatsby
image.jpg

justjared

New Trailer

Leonardo DiCaprio attends a press conference to promote his latest flick Django Unchained at Midtown Hall on Saturday (March 2) in Tokyo, Japan. (in Tom Ford)

justjared

Where can I find this picture in higher resolution? Thanks in advance.

file

myfdb-main.s3.amazonaws.com

^He looks great in that poster! I'm really psyched for this movie!

^hmm... doesn't look like him at all! :doh:
more like a hybrid of a younger leo and maybe.. sean penn?

The latest Gatsby poster and the GQ cover would have been fantastic with less airbrushing.

Another shot from GQ Italia (April 2013, ph: Kurt Iswarienko:(

avaxhome.bz (GQ Italia April) via Flashbang

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder who is doing the men's wardrobe this time out; I guess it is safe to say it is not Ralph since he got hosed last time around... :(

Esquire May 2013

Guy sitting in a room, talking about how comfortable he feels. Then he cracks his neck.

Thing is, he cracks his neck at the exact moment he's talking about how comfortable he feels — as he's giving a little speech about his feelings of comfort.

This is what he says:

"Most recently, the last few years, I feel way more comfortable than I've ever felt. You always talk about that, and then one day you're like: If they don't like this, well, **** 'em. What can you do? It's a resignation to life and who you are. Hey, look, I'm pretty well-formed as an adult now. I don't have to impress anybody. You ask yourself these different questions: What do I want to do? Interesting question: What do I want to do? What makes me really happy? I've learned all these things that I'm supposed to do. I know I'm supposed to be in that place and do that thing… but to really, deeply ask yourself that question — What do I want to do?"

First crack comes at the beginning of the speech, as the punctuation of the first sentence.

And it's really loud.

He's sitting in a chair when he does it, in the big empty conference room of a big expensive hotel. He's been sitting in the chair a couple hours. He's been all twisty, one leg slung over the other, the collar of his V-neck T-shirt not lining up with the collar of the blue-and-black-checked shirt he wears over it. He's one of those guys who has to invest a lot of energy into staying put, and so as he makes his speech, he's also untangling himself, putting his hands on his knees and his feet on the floor. And then he starts straining against himself, like Samson in chains. This is how it goes:

When he says "Most recently, the last few years, I feel way more comfortable than I've ever felt," he turns his chin toward his right shoulder, a full 45 degrees. A stripe of blue vein shows up in his surprisingly thick neck.

Crack.

And when he says "Interesting question: What do I want to do?" he turns his chin toward his left shoulder.

Crack.

Each crack has a snappy percussive element, like a fingernail flicked hard against a snare drum. Each one is loud enough to be heard on a tape recorder.

Now, the guy is an actor, so imagine if he cracked his neck like that in a movie while giving a speech about, you know, happiness. Imagine that he's sitting in a big empty room, and he's dwarfed by both its size and its ratty, faded elegance — the scarred little table next to his chair, the yellowed carpet under his feet, the dust-gray chandelier that hangs over his head. And imagine one more thing — that he's wearing a jaunty little driving cap and smoking a battery-powered cigarette with a glowing green tip … no, that he's been blowing smoke rings with the battery-powered cigarette, even though the whole point of the battery-powered cigarette is that there's no fire and nothing ever really burns.

The cracked neck would mean something, right?

In a movie, it would be a gesture — a tell. It would reveal character. If the screenwriter put it in the script, it would serve the story. If the director suggested it, it would serve his vision. And if the actor just, like, did it in a take, it would show how intuitive he is. He would crack his neck to add tension to the scene, to communicate menace, or, at the very least, to undercut his own claims of comfort. One thing is certain: No actor cracks his neck like that in a movie for no reason at all.

But here's the thing:

Leonardo DiCaprio is not in a movie. He's just being himself. The cracked neck is just a cracked neck, not a significant gesture but rather a neutral and therefore inscrutable one. You're not even supposed to ask about it, and when you do the conversation immediately sounds ridiculous:

"You just cracked your neck."

"I did."

"That was some crack."

"It was. It was pretty loud."

And so the cracked neck becomes the measure of the difference between the two lives that Leonardo DiCaprio has made for himself:

In the dark of the movie theater, it would mean everything.

In the light of day, it means nothing at all....
Esquire.com

Dying with the picture of him smiling in the car. :wub:
Age is the best thing that's happened to him (physically speaking), can't believe he's already turning 40 next year! I've always been curious to see this moment because I've always thought the 40s would be his peak.

The introductory text by Tom Junod is terrible though, he scrutinizes the cracked neck to say it means something that means nothing and doesn't even make it sound interestingly contradictory. It ends up just silly and amateur. Hopefully the interview will be good.

Thanks for posting LoveKatFashion. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
can't believe he's already turning 40 next year! I've always been curious to see this moment because I've always thought the 40s would be his peak.

The introductory text by Tom Junod is terrible though, he scrutinizes the cracked neck to say it means something that means nothing and doesn't even make it sound interestingly contradictory. It ends up just silly and amateur. Hopefully the interview will be good.

Thanks for posting LoveKatFashion. :flower:

Actually he's 38 now (born November 11, 1974) so he'll be 39 next year and 40 the year after that. He's pushing it, but he's got a few years to go yet.

I agree with you about that introductory text though. It's literally an entire page about how the guy had some tension in his neck.

But we're still in April, he'll turn 39 in November this year. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dezzar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->