Less teen, more mature?

diorable

Reaction score
It's hard to explain, but I'm 14 and I'm starting high school this fall. It's a very prestigious private prep school, with a vaguely strict dress code (no blue jeans, no t-shirts, no mini skirts, no sweatpants). I'm interested in a more mature look, and absolutely no Abercrombie or Juicy.
I still want to have fun and look like a teenager, but with a sophisticated style. I'm very girly...I like pink, polka dots, lace, satin, silk, etc.
For instance, I would like to wear heels...but I'm not ready for stilletos. Would kitten heels and round or open toed 2 inch pumps be okay for my age? I'm not very interested in wedges.
What are some good brands for clothing? Money isn't that much of a burden for my family...but the cheaper the better, I suppose.
Can anyone give me any tips on what to wear at my age, and such?

Honey, there's definitely topics about this already, regarding shoes, on how not to try to look too mature to pass as a hooker :lol: and etc etc... please refer to the Search Engine before posting another topic dear

:kiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did search before :-/. I searched "teens", teenagers, and kitten heels.

I think this thread should help with the shoes.

Welcome to the forum :flower:

Edit: You don't have to wear a uniform?! Lucky you :P

Last edited by a moderator:
haha my highschool was like that!!

no jeans, no shorts, no hoodies, blazers required with pants, shirts tucked in, no flipflops, no tevas/birks, blah blah blah.

i was so dressed up all through highschool that when i went to college i wore nothing bu jeans/tanktops/flipflops for a year or two.. :lol:

i have one word for you. Jcrew.
anthropologie seems like a good choice too.
i dont know how it is thesedays, but when i went to hs... lily pulitzer(sp) was huge... seemed like everyone owned at least one of lily p's sundresses...

think along the lines of
casual skirts/dresses paired with mini cardigans/shrugs...
or bootcut chinos/cords paired with navy boyblazers..
kitten heels are nice, but ballet flats would be better.

clear.gif

some suggestions from random sites...
oldnavy, jcrew, nordstrom, anthropologie.. etc

clear.gif

68508_PK5987_SU05_m.jpg
69456_WC2979_SU05_m.jpg

diorable said:
It's hard to explain, but I'm 14 and I'm starting high school this fall. It's a very prestigious private prep school, with a vaguely strict dress code (no blue jeans, no t-shirts, no mini skirts, no sweatpants). I'm interested in a more mature look, and absolutely no Abercrombie or Juicy.
I still want to have fun and look like a teenager, but with a sophisticated style. I'm very girly...I like pink, polka dots, lace, satin, silk, etc.
For instance, I would like to wear heels...but I'm not ready for stilletos. Would kitten heels and round or open toed 2 inch pumps be okay for my age? I'm not very interested in wedges.
What are some good brands for clothing? Money isn't that much of a burden for my family...but the cheaper the better, I suppose.
Can anyone give me any tips on what to wear at my age, and such?

try to get inspiration from looks/ campaignes you like... kitten heals are perfect for your age... pumps in navy, black, white... mabye try for that ralph lauren look... wear cute skirts with polo tops, shirts... you want to look good, but not like you are trying to much... i think if you find some girls in movies or modelling ads that fit the look you want to achieve you should make notes then find something similar :flower:

although I went to a private high school, we never had that kind of dress code... But, i had friends at the private catholic high school nearby, and you had to wear polo shirts that had no logo on them... no ralph lauren or lacoste... and they had to be buttoned to the top.. lame. Anthropologie is a great suggestion :smile:

^ Sounds horrible... :shock: Thanks God, we have no dress code!

I went to a very snobby all girls school and we had such strict dress codes... we had to wear everything they told us to and werent allowed to wear jewelry... we had to have our hair up if it was past shoulder length and it had to have a ribbon that matched our uniform... only clear nail polish and black stockings... if we got runs in our stockings they made us buy a new pair on the spot... i wish i had the freedom when i was at school to dress how i wanted... :unsure:

versace_goddess said:
I went to a very snobby all girls school and we had such strict dress codes... we had to wear everything they told us to and werent allowed to wear jewelry... we had to have our hair up if it was past shoulder length and it had to have a ribbon that matched our uniform... only clear nail polish and black stockings... if we got runs in our stockings they made us buy a new pair on the spot... i wish i had the freedom when i was at school to dress how i wanted... :unsure:
sounds like my school. our skirts had to be right on the knee and sometimes, when they were on the mood to exaggerate..they had to cover the knee:rolleyes: . same for the hair and nails..and also not an inch of makeup.
we also werent allowed to dye our hair in a not-found-in-nature colour.

^ Thats the reason why when I was in Philippines for a bit I didn't go to school. I was enrolled into a Catholic school for 6 months...I lasted 2 weeks before I dropped out and self taught myself. Learned more in an hour on my own than that school. I wasn't even allowed to ask questions :( They made me feel stupid cuz I was a foreigner...When I asked for a explaination because I wasn't sure whats going on...The nun would say write a letter to Jesus...I had my letters to jesus fill up a full notebook in two weeks and my curriculum notpads- blank.

Anthropologie, Free People and Urban Outfitters are all owned by the same company and have pretty interesting things. Lately I've been liking more things from Marc by Marc Jacobs and my basic tees from American Apparel and James Perse.

Right now its fairly easier to find those girly looks you like thats acceptable for school since more prim and proper ultra feminine looks are in. Quite refreshing....I'm tired of seeing so many following the hoochie trends :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->