What to wear for rock climbing?

Assembler

Reaction score
I'm going rock climbing tomorrow. I have no idea what to wear for it (from both a fashionable and practical standpoint).

I HATE my legs, and would prefer to wear pants, but is this more a shorts sport? (indoor rock climbing). And if I DID have to wear shorts, what are the most attractive sport shorts to wear when you have large (in a fatty way) legs and thighs?

(Feel free to use this thread for other "I'm going to do such-and-such, what should I wear?)

I guess this reply will be too late. But maybe it'll be useful anyway.

But in general, I see most people wearing loose pants because your knees will get all scraped up otherwise. And loose for mobility.

Patagonia makes nice climbing clothes. Prana is popular as well. They both have websites.

I personally prefer Prana's Mantis knickers (they look like capris)...

I loved it when I went rockclimbing. Yes I would say to wear whatever you're not going to be tugging at all the time and worrying about what it looks from the back. So I would say pants because the harness goes in between your legs and kind of hikes whatever you're wearing up a little:lol:

Depending on the kind of harness, shorts are generally rather uncomfortable... I would suggest jazz pants/light sweats...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->