Levi's

Well. I bought my Skinny jeans in December and i have only used them twice but they still are rocking despite how they keep on stretching in the bottom.
But my friends HATE levis because they just dont carry their size and if they do, you have to order them online and they are the type of person that have to try on something and see if it looks good.
The jeans dont feel like jean! Like their to stretchy, to cheap... I like raw denim so I pretty much dont like Levis.

To answer Fade To Black. I live in the United States and I just get my Levis in the Levis store in the Galleria. But It seems they dont carry the good brands and the only place were they carry the good Levis is Urban Outfitters and I really don't want to be paying almost 200 dollars for some Levis jeans. I prefer going for some Diesel jeans if that is the case.

FadeToBlack said:
how would you say these compare to APC New Standard raw jeans in terms of fit, quality, and result of wear?
Fade, I have only the old standards, but I have tried the new standards on.

New standards have a slightly tighter fit and lower rise, and of course LVCs has better details, but then again APC aren't known for detailing.
Result of wear I would have to say LVC, they fade nicely when compared to the NS.
However LVC is a bit overpriced these days, as the denim quality doesn't really warrant a 250+ price.

and for those that are wondering, Levi's Japan quality of denim is totally different from Levi's US. the US-sold ones are normally crappola. However Japanese Levi's, and the various repro versions from different Japanese companies, is top-notch.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite jeans was a pair of Levi's I wore all through high school and into college. I don't think I'd invest the same time now into breaking one in that I did then, out of necessity (cause it was the only pair of jeans I owned). But it did look good.

Recently, I found a pair at Goodwill called "Low Slouch" which is almost clownishly wide-legged, but not quite. It's about 2 sizes too big for me, but they're great. Good shape, already broken in. :heart:

It's all about the 501 Unwashed Shrink-To-Fit from Levi's Vintage Line. That and the 1967 606 replica that has that great skinny look. Both are staples in my closet and it's pretty much all I buy insofar as Levis goes.

Nonetheless, I find that Levis in Hong Kong does carry a really extensive range of lines that you can't find anywhere else in the world (other than asia that is). I especially love the newer "white label?" line.

Can someone please post a pic of Levi's skinny jeans, I can't find them anywhere!

Tushka_BeLLa said:
Can someone please post a pic of Levi's skinny jeans, I can't find them anywhere!

You should check out their website. They make different styles for each country, so that's probably why you aren't finding what you're looking for.
That's why I can't get my hands on those Levi's Skinny Tuffs- for Australia only. :cry:

www.levi.com

pillarist said:
Nonetheless, I find that Levis in Hong Kong does carry a really extensive range of lines that you can't find anywhere else in the world (other than asia that is). I especially love the newer "white label?" line.

Yeah the white label line is pretty neat...not really my style but it seems to be a great cut if you're into skater type jeans.

I am tall. I have always loved Levi's, because they make tall jeans, for me! They are pretty inexpensive too!

crankypants said:
Recently, I found a pair at Goodwill called "Low Slouch" which is almost clownishly wide-legged, but not quite. It's about 2 sizes too big for me, but they're great. Good shape, already broken in. :heart:

i think i've got those too!! they're so comfy, fit me perfectly and broken in by yours truly! plus i totally freaked out when my sister had them on cause she thought i had given them to her...

i love these levis!
from urban
p220122c.jpg
p220122d.jpg
p220122e.jpg
p220122f.jpg

i pretty much only wear levis. my favorite jeans are actually a pair of selvage levis, serge d'nimes over at superfuture said they are most likely old lot 54, that i picked up at ross for 5$!!!!!!! i also have a pair of the black overdyed(indigo w/black over) premium city straights that i always get compliments on(and have never once had anyone ask if they are girls jeans), and many late 70s/early 80s vintage orange tabs. the quality is amazing(all are usa made tho, you really need to look for that), they fit great(i have a big ***(26" waist and 34" dont fall off) so the anti-fit works), and ive probably spent less than 100$ for jeans for the next few years. the thing to look for is vintage. go to you local thrift and search, look for non-levis zippers and deeeeep indigo color and youre done. seriously, my orange tab 505's with a talon 42 zip have denim thats slubbier, indigo thats darker and deeper, than 99% of the "premium" denim ive seen.

miss x said:
i think i've got those too!! they're so comfy, fit me perfectly and broken in by yours truly! plus i totally freaked out when my sister had them on cause she thought i had given them to her...

:P

Levi's are classic.

I desperately want the Levi's Capital E (another division, I guess :rolleyes: ) called Skimmers. Amanda Peet modeled them in the current issue of Lucky April. :heart:

Here's more info on the brand

Levi's New Luxury Collection
Elegant With a Capital E
By Helene Goupil (01/20/2006)
SF Station

When local business owner Levi Strauss started making work pants for miners in 1873, jeans were seen as sturdy and practical pants for the working class. Things have changed quite a bit in the denim world. These days, designers around the world offer luxury jeans and San Francisco's very own denim king, Levi's, is a force with which to be reckoned.

This spring, the brand is joining the high-end denim world with the launch of its own luxury jean collection. The line is called "Capital E," in reference to the capital letter featured on the red tabs of the first Levi's jeans and it comes complete with men's and women's clothing.

It's in the details
From the "Capital E" printed inside the pants to the turquoise-colored buttons on some styles, it's easy to spot what sets the premium line apart from past collections. Each pair of Capital E jeans is carefully crafted to give customers a one-of-a-kind fashion piece. It can take up to 30 people to make one pair of these jeans -- the back pockets are placed and sewn by hand. The recognizable arched stitching on the back pockets are also hand-sewn one line at a time on the highest-quality ring-spun denim.

"Capital E is the most luxurious, hand-crafted expression of the Levi's brand," Amy Jasmer, spokesperson for Levi's, said. "The [women's] collection includes jeans, skirts and a vest. Future seasons will have a broader offering," she added.

Women can choose from several styles: the Ruler jean is a flattering straight cut that can be worn long with heels or cuffed with flats; the Skimmer is low and snug with an extra-long leg to scrunch up at the ankle or to be tucked into boots; the Swank is a low-rise boot cut; the Trouser is a tailored low-rise pant with a slightly flared leg; the Vintage Flare, inspired by the 646 cut, has a mid-rise body, and is straight and slim through the thigh; and the Tapered Crop is relaxed on top and snug at the bottom.

1688a.jpg

The Swank Jean for women, image courtesy of Levi's

The line also includes a fitted and feminine vest, the Ruler Short -- sleek, low and slim fit shorts that hit just at the knee, and the Trouser Mini, a very short mini skirt meant to be worn low on the hips.

The men's line is just as modern and attractive. The Skinner is a slim boot-cut jean that goes with a dressy shirt as well as a casual sweater. The Ambler is a relaxed bootcut with a mid-rise that's full through the leg with a wide bottom opening. The Strummer fits low on top and has a skinny straight leg.

1688b.jpg

The Skinner Jean for men, image courtesy of Levi's

The Offender is a one-button ultra-low rise jean that fits tight in the seat and thigh, cut straight from the knee down. The Chino Trouser is a mid-rise relaxed bootcut jean with traditional trouser styling and the Stacked Skinny is slightly low rise with an extra long leg that bunches up at the ankle. The brand's first design, the original 501 jean, and a three-button blazer that conveniently goes great with jeans round out the men's line.

1688c.jpg

The Trouser skirt, image courtesy of Levi's

Good Fit Guaranteed
Uniqueness doesn't come free -- prices range from $140 to $501 -- but big prices don't scare high-fashion shoppers. What matters is that these clothes make you look good, and shoppers heading to the Levi's Union Square store can be sure the jeans are a good fit without even looking in the mirror.

On the third floor, you'll find Intellifit, a body scanner inside a transparent glass booth in which customers can walk in and get their body measurements within 10 seconds. Armed with measurements and information on favorite cuts and fits, Intellifit will figure out which styles are most flattering for you.

Capital E items are available at the Union Square Levi's store and high-end department stores such as Neiman Marcus.

I'm totally lovin' the Junya Watanabe X Levi's 1966 501's out for S/S 06 in the indigo raw denim...love that leather cinch detail on the waist, and the cut is classic...but it's totally overpriced, over $1000 in North America...wtf is up with that?! His previous, more detailed Levi's didn't even cost that much! Does anyone know how much these retail for in Asia? I'd like to get a pair but I'm not paying that kind of price...

They do look good on everybody, but I tried a pair on and they didn't suit me. I really want a pair, but none of them look good on me. :/ When I was smaller I had so many and I loved them.
But if I'd buy a pair, then only in america, because there you get them much cheaper than in germany (here you've to pay the double price).

i just recently bought a pair of levi's skinny jeans and i feel so comfortable in them.

recenlty i'm wearing 501 from a second hand shop 1euro - 2 sizes bigger and super comfortable, nice wash too
my best fitting straight leg jeans are Levis too - Jenny Lee

i have a speciall feeling about Levis since i was kid and there were only Levis and Wrangler jeans in the speciall stores with 'western' stuff here...so still in my mind Levis are "the Jeans":lol:

i have a pair of crazy ripped up 527s purchased from the levi store. they were perfect when i tried them on and only $50. after i wore them for the first time, they stretched out like crazy. the care tag says dry high heat, which i thought was odd. i'm thinking im going to try and see if theyll shrink back some.

I have a pair of Levis 557 Eve in this exact colouring (see attachment) and I didn't even hem them (I just fold them over the crease mark and secure the hem with safety pins). I really like them but they stretch a little too, then go back in place after washing.

Actually that's not bad, I once had a pair of Pepe's that shrank so much I'm not able to wear then anymore. And they were a size bigger than the Levi's!

Image from www.jeans-online.pl

Attachments

• eve.jpg
    eve.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2
how about for guys. what about the 516 red tab "slim fit"

in a black colour...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member