APC Jeans

Has anyone been to the new APC surplus store in Williamsburg, yet? I don't know if it's worth a trip since it seems that most of their better pieces sell out pretty quickly, and I suspect that what's left (for the surplus store) isn't worth buying even at a discounted price. I'm curious as to what exactly is there. I hear they have their regular-priced denim line there - are they better stocked than the Soho store?

But, truthfully, I've become such an APC wh*re, I'll probably end up making the 4-hour trip up to NYC anyway.

does anyone buy their clothing aside from their jeans?
the pieces are pretty basic and nice, just out of my price range
and i'd have to order online

Apparently the APC stores have alot more merchandise inside then what's online which is a shame because there are not many APC stores. The most affordable time to buy APC items is when theyre on sale at 50% like earlier this month. The horrible thing though is that everything you want in your size sells out within hours, most often before you even get to see.

I have a white chambray dress from A.P.C. and people compliment it all the time. Which surprises me, because it's very simple. I suppose the key is the cut.

Where is the production for the clothes?
My jeans were made in Macau.. just wondering if anything is still made in France?

^they have stuff made from china, france, italy, poland, macedonia
i think most stuff now are made from china

Does anyone know how their men's black "tight jeans" fit? Theyre supposed to be 100% cotton so there's no stretch. Also, it's not listed under the denim page but you have to go to the looks page to see it. I'm just wondering how tight they are and whether or not the fit is the same as the new cure or not. Anyone able to elaborate?

does anyone know a website that carries Apc and ships international?

just bought a pair of new cures in new york a week ago and i can finally walk in them... i had kind of a the-sartorialist experience. tried a 28, they looked right, and when i when i was telling the SA that i was going to get them he looked at me and just said no,no,no,no,no! try a 27 or 26!
i decided to get the 27, and put them on for my way back home (7 hours flight). after some sitting/sleeping/airplaning/walking on them, they've streched!! so now that i have recovered my breathe, i'll be able to wear them everywhere else!

just one question: what about cleaning? the "dirty for as long as you can and then sea water and sand rubbing"-thing sounds kinda odd/fun... what's the result really? how do you guys take care of your APCs?

has anyone tried their black denim skirt? curious about the cut and how it is sized? thanks in advance.

is there a different approach to buying the new cures? I bought a 27 in the Standards and they're too big now (both because I lost weight and because I think I should've got the 26). Any ideas? I really want a tight pair of jeans but I'm wondering if I should get the low rise ones in a smaller size or go for the new cures. are they really super skinny? I don't really want them to be like leggings.

New cures are skinny, approaching April 77 Joeys' type of skinny. If you didn't want skin-tight jeans, new standards would be the way to go.

You're supposed to size down 2 for your new standards, I size down 2 and found them tad loose in the waist.

So my advice is to size down 2 for a looser fit, 3 for a tighter fit, but no further as you will probably end up with ******** sizing.

borjacapella said:
just one question: what about cleaning? the "dirty for as long as you can and then sea water and sand rubbing"-thing sounds kinda odd/fun... what's the result really? how do you guys take care of your APCs?
For me it depends on how I want my end product to look like. My new standards are quite clean, I dont wash them but neither do I beat on them. Basically they are my go-to for dressy jeans. For my DH 19cms I trash them to hell and the raw color has bled out from the abused areas, giving them a distressed look now. I use them for my lounging around, "I know I'll get dirt on my hands" jeans.

To show a simple evolution of denim, I borrowed pictures from Superfuture and APC's site. (I hope you don't mind BlackCherry)

You want to go from this:
apc_jeans.jpg

to this:
apc8monthlowy7.jpg

But of course the effect is acheived through hard wear. The following were shot after 8 months of wear with 4-5 washes.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your help, I'll get the New Standards 3 sizes down. those jeans turned out incredible. I don't really understand how to get away with washing my jeans that little, so the whiskering on mine is much more subtle.

Should be a good idea, you should have the Sartorialist's experience where it's initially too tight, then after a few wear the fabric stretches out into 'fitting paradise'.

For washing, just wash whenever you feel like. I think its more appropriate when the jeans are a reflection of the owner's lifestyles, rather than putting up with the dirt and stink for 6 months.
After, I don't think girls should smell like unwashed denim! :mrgreen:

^^ my new standards were initially too tight... but i never quite get to the "fitting paradise" momentum... i almost have to unbutton them to take anything off my front pockets!! :ninja:

my beaten up rescues.. ripped in the crotch, and heels

6nxdol.jpg

ekoznm.jpg

14mx69v.jpg

ordered a new a pair to beat up this year :D

i got the petit standards this weekend. 3 days wear in the pic, and definitely need to hem them up a bit. as for sizing i went with the size i always wear in jeans (anything smaller doesn't exist for apcs :(). can't wait to break these in.

Attachments

• apc 002.jpg
    apc 002.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 31
^what's the difference between petite standards and standards?

^what's the difference between petite standards and standards?

the petit standards are smaller all around, designed for slimmer builds. also, it's the only style that comes in size 24. the rest are 25 and up. and you're supposed to go down one or 2 sizes because they stretch a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->