APC Jeans

^thanks!

If i'm looking for something that is something between a straight cut and a small bootcut, what's the one i'm looking at? I'm 5'2 with shorter legs.

how did your pair turn out btw?

wanted to ask also, what's the rise like for the new standard and the standard petite compared to say, the hipster?

Also, I went to the apc official website and they have new standard and standard petite listed for men as well but they're the same jeans as those listed under the women's section right? Or is there a difference in the rise?

mine haven't faded as much as i had hoped. but then again i was just wearing them to work 3-4 times a week, where i just sat at my desk all day. i figure if you're a bit more physically active, you can get better fades. since the jeans are 100% cotton, they will stretch out until you wash them again. the waistband of mine is about 2 inches bigger than when i got them.

i think most of apc jeans are unisex, so there wouldn't be a difference in rise between the ones listed on the women's and men's sections. for a girl i think petit standards or new cures are most flattering, because they're the slimmest cuts. petits are more of a straight cut; i don't think apc does anything bootcut or flared?

i'll try to put up a pic of mine if it'll help :wink:

^that would be really great :flower:

I know what you mean, but some straights look like a slightly less tapered skinny because they cut it real tight and use a fabric that has some give so it remains tight at the bottom but got squeezed out a little near the calves and knee area.

I've got biggish calves and wide hips (pear shape!) so most cuts go off on me.

i got the petit standards this weekend. 3 days wear in the pic, and definitely need to hem them up a bit. as for sizing i went with the size i always wear in jeans (anything smaller doesn't exist for apcs :(). can't wait to break these in.

pcg, these are so adorable! i couldn't find this APC thread on the TFS search so ended up in raw denim. :rolleyes:

have they aged well? are you gonna move to the new cures?

pcg, these are so adorable! i couldn't find this APC thread on the TFS search so ended up in raw denim. :rolleyes:

have they aged well? are you gonna move to the new cures?

attached are photos of mine after a few years. they're starting to rip in the back of the knees. i'm not going to move to the new cures because they don't come in my size.

Attachments

• IMG_2621.JPG
    IMG_2621.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
How long did it take before your jeans became more comfortable?
Mine are still pretty cardboard like :doh:
And the waist is also still very tight

How long did it take before your jeans became more comfortable?
Mine are still pretty cardboard like :doh:
And the waist is also still very tight

they'll get a lot softer after you wash them. i definitely could not even bend down to tie my shoes at first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vittoooooo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->