Liu Wen

Estee Lauder Spring 2010
Photography Craig McDean.
33515-800w.jpg

(models.com)

This week, Liu Wen has returned to Beijing to serve as the centerpiece of Estée Lauder's first promotional tour in China. She will be taking part in various events, from press conferences to dinners, over the next few days. We wish her and the Estée Lauder team the best as they all work diligently to launch the Pure Color collection!

Liu Wen and Tom Pecheux yesterday in Beijing

[marilynnewyork.blogspot]

My god, she looks SO spectacular in the Estée Lauder ad :wub: That face is certainly made for beauty-campaigns.

^I completely agree. She has the most striking features, and she alternates so easily between seductive, glamorous, sweet, haunting... everything really :o:heart: kind of wish I had made it to this thread earlier!

As fashion begins to realize the importance of diversity, we start to see exciting things happening; case in point the Asian models feature in the new issue of Vogue. Starring Liu Wen, Du Juan, Tao Okamoto, Lee Hyun Yi, Hyoni Kang, Bonnie Chen, So Young Kang and Lily Zhi in a punk remake of Cecil Beaton’s classic shot of models wearing Charles James, the images by Steven Meisel and Grace Coddington accompany an article on the meteoric rise of models from China, Japan and South Korea.
What makes the story truly interesting are some of the quotations from the girls themselves:
“The challenge for me, and for Asian models in general has been convincing editors, stylists and photographers that we can have mass appeal, but Asian, especially Chinese models have become a stronger presence. Just a season or two ago, there weren’t many models for me to talk with backstage in my native Mandarin. Now I usually have no trouble finding someone at any show.” – Liu Wen

“There still are brands or clients that would not consider using an Asian model, but things are changing dramatically and quickly. I am not sure if being Asian was or is a hinderance. In fact I think it is a plus.” – Du Juan

asiamajor1.jpg

models.com

Estee Lauder Beijing event/Runway show...I think it's going on right now, actually (Since it's a live report).
CAsCN.jpg

cRTEV.jpg

CIuV6.jpg

EL's China Sina Twitter

Seems really cool!

Estee Lauder Spring 2010
behind the scenes
5749ef71gw6dbm4r66kfpj.jpg

5749ef71gw6dbm4viyai9j.jpg

5749ef71gw6dbm4u90rsdj.jpg

5749ef71gw6dbm4sw8xrhj.jpg

source: t.sina.com.cn/mmkm