Liu Wen

i love her style too! so glad to see her on another vogue cover... but she's definitely a front cover girl!!

4c56dd36tw1djumi9akswj.jpg

weibo.com/modelliuwen

^Wow, such an original and creative outfit and she looks stunning! :heart:

Such an impeccable style, love it! She always looks incredibly beautiful :heart:

Damn! THAT is style. :woot: I think that's one of the best streetstyle outfits I've ever seen.

^ I agree. I'm like, blown away. Liu's always had one of the best styles imo, but that is extra special. Anyone who can make lime green and snake skin look that good deserves to canonised. :lol:

It's slightly obvious the VOGUE China editor doesn't really like Liu. I mean Liu is seriously the Asian model that's broken so many boundaries and yet shes on the side fold..

Regardless thanks for the amazing pictures above guys! :smile:

I do think the other Chinese models make a more compelling sell for a cover but it's the second time Liu has ended up on the fold out when she is one of China's biggest names in fashion! :judge:

The EIC of Vogue China has major issues! I wonder what their excuse is about not giving "the most successful Chinese model outside of China" at the moment a cover in the past year... It sure cannot be about sales because Liu Wen has over 1.6 million followers on weibo (Chinese twitter), and why the heck would Estee Lauder sign Liu? At least a quarter of those followers (400,000), at least will go buy a copy of Vogue China because their girl is on it! You cannot possibly tell me there is no room for Liu to have a single girl cover.

They can give Karlie, Frida, Edita, Sigrid, Anna S - European and American models - the cover, but not Liu who has been working so hard representing the Asian front when we all know there is still major prejudice. You would think Liu would get some more love from her home country!

How does this even make sense? I actually want to see the sales numbers on each of these cover.

It's okay Liu. You're too nice. Don't even work with them anymore. Vogue China is such a small office anyway. You got bigger supporters elsewhere. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yanina vaitekhovich
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->