Liu Wen

Liu + VP :woot: Thanks to Sims, we probably would only get to see Liu in the pages of VP... and this should be her second appearance - the first, shot by Sims too.

VOGUE PARIS FEB. 2015
'Studio Vogue'
Ph: David Sims
Stylists: Alt, Suzanne Koller & Joe McKenna

Liu's two shots - complete editorial here.

glossynewstand.blogspot.com via Oxymore

HQs

wearesodroee

Harper's Bazaar China March issue
005yYQOnjw1eoyxl0v40uj318g0xctlq.jpg

005yYQOnjw1eoyxl7yvguj318g0xck8h.jpg

005yYQOnjw1eoyxlas2ckj30tx10sdnn.jpg

005yYQOnjw1eoyxlg2emaj30tu10oqfy.jpg

005yYQOnjw1eoyxllan1tj30tx10owkw.jpg

005yYQOnjw1eoyxlqcvpbj30tu10o7gx.jpg

005yYQOnjw1eoyxltmisij30tr10k11a.jpg

005yYQOnjw1eoyxlwoicwj30tx10n7dh.jpg

005yYQOnjw1eoyxm0zwl7j30tp10mgtt.jpg

weibo:FashionModels

this HB editorial looks much much better than her Estee Lauder ADs

^ more without watermarks...

vogue.com, vogue.it, wmagazine.com & style.com

THE SINGAPORE WOMEN'S WEEKLY FEB. 2015
*reprint from Vogue Australia

Cover: facebook/thesingaporewomensweekly, rest: weibo/cngba2013

Personally typed out the article, for the curious...

It’s her nine-year modeling career. Chinese beauty Liu Wen has crammed as many firsts. In 2009, she became the first Asian face to walk in a Victoria’s Secret fashion show. She followed that up two years later by becoming the first Asian to front a campaign for American makeup brand Estee Lauder. More recently, she was also the first Asian to make Forbes’ highest-paid models list – for 2013, she raked in US$4.3 million, just a little less than Kate Moss, Miranda Kerr, Adriana Lima and Gisele Bundchen.

Standing at a statuesque 1.79m and blessed with slender proportions. Wen has delicate Oriental features and a porcelain-fair and flawless complexion. Such physical attributes have stood her in good stand in the fiercely competitive world of modeling.
One of China’s brightest runway stars, the Beijing native catapulted to international fame when she landed slots for the Chanel and Jean Paul Gaultier Spring/Summer 2009 shows. She’s since cemented her popularity among fashion houses with appearances on the runways of New York, Milan and Paris. Her professional work ethic also means fashion photographers such as Patrick Demarchelier, Terry Richardson and Daniel Jackson love working with her.

The 27-year-old is admired by women the world over for her off-duty style that mixes innocence and elegance. The near-million followers on her instagram @liuwen can attest to her knack at rocking the classics. Never mind that Wen has walked a galore of shows for Fashion Weeks stalwarts as diverse as Calvin Klein, Dior, Gucci, Prada, Celine and Saint Laurent. Her approach is grounded and refreshingly relatable – for hopping between shows especially; she relies on a wardrobe of versatile basics, then load up on difference styles. For her first casting with Vogue magazine, she turned up in jeans, T-shirt and sneakers; unlike many who would have dressed to impress. Wen said she preferred to be comfortable and confident.

Contrary to her long, black silky hair that she often lets free, Wen’s dressing is inclined towards tomboy-chic. Although she steers clear of bold hues, she opts for a clean silhouette. For example, when dealing with long sleeves, Wen keeps her look more rugged by surrounding the sleeves. For the red carpet, those streamlined ensembles she favors are polished up with the right shoes as well as makeup.

When it comes to makeup, Wen possesses an adventurous spirit. For one, she understands her best features and is unafraid to play them up, “I really love a bold lip. It’s the first thing the eye sees. I always focus on other people’s lips, so a lipstick for me is very important. I love red. I think red really fits Asian people because it complements our skin and hair,” says this sassy [lais?] who was nicknamed “Mulan” in school.

Indeed, Wen, who joined a modeling contest so she could win the top prize of a computer (she didn’t win), has gained so much more. She is an inspiration for both fashion leaders and fashionistas. Wen understands this perfectly, and tapping it to uncover new aspects of her status as a role model. “Now I’m slowly hearing how to dress more alluringly,” she says. “Fashion is about versatility, after all.”

this HB editorial looks much much better than her Estee Lauder ADs

I agree. Estee Lauder uses heavy make up on her. Making her look ridiculous. Some images were plain weird looking.

She looks best in natural makeup. Just a touch of make up is enough for her to look stunning.

Excerpt from the book:Models of Influence: 50 Women Who Reset the Course of Fashion by Nigel Barker

"As people the world over grow more curious and outward-looking, due in great part to the Internet, and increased their appetite for different looks and ethnicities, Chinese models have followed suite, making a big splash outside of China, too—none more than Liu Wen."
zimbio

^Good news! The woman earned it.

Cannot wait to see the Antidote cover in HQ and editorial. :woot:

Indeed, Liu's face has always been impeccable... I also keep going back to that Self cover in pink - just in awe of that particular shot. :wub:

Liu was in Sweden, if I read it correctly. Hopefully it is work. Something good. :magic:

^If memory serve me right, this is the first time Liu is working with Carine, no?

Nevermind. They both worked on the VP calendar back in '09.

youtube

Fashion month is here! Wonder if Liu will partake in this season's shows. She might operate like last season, don't know. Anyway, this season will make her her 15th season. (Congrats!) What do we expect now? Hopefully, Liu's rate would be accommodating or vice-versa!

As from the past two seasons, I think we could all see that Liu is indeed simmering down in terms of quantity. However, lets focus on the quality of the shows & rely on house/designer's loyalty.

Below are shows Liu has not grace the catwalk yet. Yes! Personally, I would like to think all of us are rooting for Liu to walk some of these rather important blue-chip shows - just to say that Liu has done them all... I guess. (Well, one could even argue that some of them, Liu fits their "aesthetic" to a tee, actually. Some may think that why Liu hasn't walk for xyz when Liu is affiliated with the designer/house/brand one way or another. Beats me.)

1. Acne Studios
  2. Calvin Klein
  3. Diesel Black Gold
  4. Emporio Armani*
  5. Giambattista Valli
  6. Giorgio Armani*
  7. Iceberg
  8. Jil Sander
  9. J.W. Anderson
  10. Mulberry
  11. Sacai
  12. Valentino
  13. Versace
  14. Versus
  15. Zac Posen
Above are just the more known and kept walked shows. Bolded, the bluer. If Liu walked them, correct the list please.

*Armani and their unconventional castings...

Could've crossed out Versace...

media.vogue.com via Truman

Will she come to London again in the not too distant future? Wish to meet her somewhere randomly in London. :smile:

Tried searching whether these were ever posted and failed miserably. Personally haven’t seen these...

Photographed by Li Qi

liqiphoto.com

Her portraits are usually stunning. These are no exception. :blush:

The QB that she is... as in Queen Bee.

style.com & weibo/modelliuwen

sina/fashionmodels

style.com (HQ)

youtube

instagram/instylemagazine & fashionweekdaily.com

sina/fashionmodel, both instagram/10magazineaustralia & imlauraflorenti - respectively

tumblr/celebritiesofcolor & instagram/zchanx

instagram/wonderboy1004 & twitter/ireneisgood

instagrams: milkxhk & shin_shin_shin

haibo.com

instagram/thesocietynyc

haibo.com

sina/haibo

sina/fashionmodels

harpersbazaar.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads