Liu Wen

cool, I love the first shot.

Here are some random pics I found on her thread at model2007 bbs...

peibei, wenqin, her, xiaoyi, ?

dont ask...i think she had to try and promote racing; let's just praise her professionalism.

and here is a video of her at a shoot
she is so cute and playful, great attitude! In the groupshots I don't even wanna look at those other girls...esp zilin...so glad liu wen didnt enter that comp.

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/blog/fullscreen.html?vid=4702959-1075858915&auto=1

VOGUE China Beauty Guide
January 2008

[snap by Starry ]

Photographer: Chen Man
Make up: sam mcknight

model2007

2 others from some other mag...

model2007

oh these are gorgeous :heart:

the most beautiful shot I've ever seen of her perhaps:
6658353a9b37d444b57a4absg1.jpg

6658953a9b37d444b57aea5sx5.jpg

6659653a9b37d444b57a7a1xt7.jpg

6660053a9b37d444b57a9c6mw6.jpg

6660153a9b37d06d4559122ze6.jpg

ELLE China unknown issue...

http://blog.sina.com.cn/tangyi via model2007 bbs

this is very funny, liu wen play karl lagerfeld :smile:

pix scd by me from cosmo china 9 2007~

^ suzy menkes looks good these days :rofl:

The KL pic was a good omen :woot: and she and zhulin make a hot couple as V&R :blush:

^^ excellent! She looks very confident, like she walks for Chanel every day! Legs are a little short but can be overlooked. :blush:

Here is a translation of the letter from the editor (scan courtesy of bluedolphin) written by Deng Li in Marie Claire.

Liu Wen is Here!

Turn open the latest issue of four, five fashion magazines, and Liu Wen is in the editorials of almost all of them. I look until my eyes swim. This girl, who is only nineteen, is like a gust of wind that swept the fashion circle off its feet, rising to the top rapidly. It took her only two short years to achieve what other models slowly obtained after three, five years of struggling and persevering.

After being in the magazine business for a long time, I often like to discover the true nature of things through the superficies. It is the same when it comes to people, especially the successful ones. I always feel there has to be some exceptional reasons, otherwise, why is she the only standout?

Therefore, during the interview, our editor had hoped to repeatedly verify her inner journey in these two years, but could not get any expected response. Just like a transparent object, Liu Wen does not have any slightest complicated motivations. She still does not even know what kind of appeal she possesses.

But the Liu Wen in the five, six magazines at hand, with her ability to change into various looks, has a presence like a top model's. And at shooting locations, one minute she is a giggling girl, but once she is in front of the lens, she immediately becomes the protagonist you want.

This reminds one of that famous description by Kevin Tsai: Even though some stars are very good looking, but once a star is aware that he is good-looking, harbors a desire to make use of his looks, then his looks degrade. It will not be lost, damaged, only degraded. From pure gold to gold-plated--that kind of degradation.

Not Liu Wen. She is like a piece of unpolished jade radiating a unique magnetism; she can be imperious but never flashy.

It is a little deflating to say this but the probability of a good model distinguishing herself from the others is broken down into one-third natural gifts, one-third hard work and one-third luck. And without natural gifts, hard work seems to lose its place. As Karl Lagerfeld puts it in his assessment of the highly popular American's Next Top Model, "Those girls will never be the next Gemma Ward. There is no justice in the fashion business." The implication is that real supermodels have plenty of natural allure, and if this raw gift is not there in the first place, there is nothing to work with. That is why in this "anything is possible" world, girls who can really become supermodels are rare.

Thinking back to more than a year ago, when a verdant Liu Wen first came to Marie Claire's Editorial Department for an audition, she has not yet being cast by anyone from the media for a decent fashion shoot. Shortly after more than a year, through Marie Claire, she has let fashion people see her brilliance, and for the first time Marie Claire has invited a model from the new generation to be the cover girl.

We are very excited to be able to bring the fashion world an extraordinarily gifted girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess overnight superstardom and quick falls in the fashion world are the same in the west as in China. Models who've been described as achieving quick success include Dai Xiaoyi, Mo Wandan, and now Liu Wen. If Liu is taking a piece of Du Juan's catwalk pie than I suspect in two years time someone else would take Liu's place. There was a time when models had time to develop but it doesn't happen anymore, everyone is looking for the next best thing. She's pretty and model material but she doesn't "move me."

at first i didn't really like her cause she "took" hye's spot at burberry (haha i'm being ridiculous i know), but after i got over that, i've become intrigued by her features. she looks very mature (compared to other new girls, most of whom look like fetuses) and her bone structure is impeccable!

she's got her own lookbook on style.com :woot:

http://www.style.com/mystyle/lookbooks/view/mylookbook139631?iphoto=0

I don't like her body **please see tFS community guidelines** From the videos of her her catwalk isn't unusual, girls who are athletic have better catwalks because they're physically coordinated.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thanks!

here is another backstage pic from Chanel FW08

i guess she was styled by her agency

Perfect close ups from Hussein Chalayan FW08

she knows exactly how to use her face.

frillr

I think she is stunning but I just hope that she can stay at the top! There really needs to be more asian girls at the top. I would love it if she got booked for prada-I think she could pull it off quite well.

Not sure if Prada is likely or suitable for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->