Liya Kebede

Daria's #1?! :angry: :sick: :doh: :blink: :yuk:
alrite i think that's enough icons to show how i feel about her

i think the list is fairly accurate though i still find daria boring>>>

I can understand Daria gets #1 because of her being the first girl on the US Vogue cover - and the way they talked about her 'loved by all designers', 'wryly intelligent' etc. She really came out sounding like the girl most likely according to US Vogue to become an 'Untouchable'. So her place on the list is warranted. However, I think she's quite boring. But the timing is right for her - she is the Gucci girl of the season and now was when Anna decided to launch the supermodel return....so.....I just don't think that Daria has the general appeal it takes to create a supermodel. Put her in a Victoria's Secret catalog and she will look eerily similar to Deanna Miller (cute girl in everyday life but she's not a good model). Daria belongs to the same class of models as Linda Evangelista and Dorian Leigh - very snotty, elegant, stylish and superiour. Now, Dorian Leigh was absolutely beautiful while Linda and Daria are just good looking.

I do think the list needs to be updated. Right now, while she may not be the girl with the most work (Daria, Isabeli, Natalia have all got her beat at the moment). She is the last major girl to outlast the possibility of being "a moment girl". Believe it or not Daria still has the potential to play out, she hasn't put in enough time. However, I think Natalia is now the most recent girl to acheive that, not Liya.

I'm glad they have finally moved the models at the top of the list but its all one person or a group of people's opinions, I'm sure a tFS top 50 based on the same catagories would be quite different overall. I definitely think Liya and Natalaia derserve to be on the 'supermodel' list but I don't think Daria is amazing enough to be No 1.

I don't understand one thing. Why is Natalia on the supermodels list? She only did shows 2 major seasons spring & fall 2003 and after that ..we didn't hear much about her except for those L'Oreal and C.Klein contracts.

Nowadays she's only appearing in TV commercials but still..it's not fair considering other models like Anouck or Isabeli who've been in the spotlight starting 2000. Only because she sold her fairytale..now people see her as a fashion icon. Probably she's friend with Anna Wintour that's why they put her on the latest Vogue cover. I'm against Natalia's rise in the world of modelling.

What can I say about Liya? No, she doesn't deserve to be No.1 but now that she's a true supermodel :innocent: I appreciate the fact that she's more modest than Natalia when giving interviews & other stuff. She keeps her private life away from the press; that's why I respect her.
They are Billion dollars beauties

Liya isn't number 1 anymore she has retired to the VIP list along with natalia. Daria has taken the number one spot with Erin wasson, Isabeli, Julia Stegner, Gemma Ward, and Euguenia rounding out the top 5.

Originally posted by jeffreyuno@Sep 2 2004, 12:23 PM
Liya isn't number 1 anymore she has retired to the VIP list along with natalia. Daria has taken the number one spot with Erin wasson, Isabeli, Julia Stegner, Gemma Ward, and Euguenia rounding out the top 5.
[snapback]354218[/snapback]​

Don't we look stupid. Here we are talking about updating the list and it's done. Wayne did exactly what I thought he should though, seperating Liya and Natalia as fixtures and starting the list on current status.

Originally posted by FunkyDiva@Sep 2 2004, 12:36 PM
Don't we look stupid. Here we are talking about updating the list and it's done. Wayne did exactly what I thought he should though, seperating Liya and Natalia as fixtures and starting the list on current status.
[snapback]354239[/snapback]​
Maybe he took our advice? :lol:

I think is very injust puting Natalia and Liya in the same category that Gisele, Carmen and the others supermodels. In my opinion Natalia and Liya should do a lot of more big ads to be considereted supermodels. Just compare Gisele's, Kate's, etc. careers with Natalia's. :blink:

Spidergirl- I love how you don't seem to be a big fan of Natalia but your avator is a picture of her!

It seems that I have a love-hate relationship with Natalia. At first she wasn't big deal to me with that vixen eyes..then she grew on me...and after a couple of months Iwas tired of seeing her everywhere.

I'm glad Liya got to be No.1 :blush:

Liya @ s04 Lagerfeld
:heart: :flower:

LiyaLagerfeldGallery04ssBS10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbach
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"