Supermodel named U.N. Ambassador

it sounds great and its wonderful shes using her star staus in the right way. is this a similar to what Nicole Kidman does (i think)?

It is not an unexplained phenomenon smartarse. Ethiopians and Somalis have Arab blood along with black blood.

smartarse said:
I recall there was a Supermodel who also involved with humanitarian health causes of African women... female humitalian of the clitoris. I don't know if she was inducted as a UN Ambassador. Forgot her name though :doh: But her story was heartwrenching.

Waris Diri (sp?) if I remember correctly.

^ That' s right. Waris Dirie is a somali model who is distantly related to Iman. She has done alot of work in that field (FGM) in the late 90's.

SiennaInLondon said:
It is not an unexplained phenomenon smartarse. Ethiopians and Somalis have Arab blood along with black blood.

Arabs don't have european features so your theory doesn't work.

Interesting. But I have met indigenous Ethiopians (tribals) and they claim they are Ethiopians meaning do not have mixed blood of sorts. Not sure if they understood me or not, tho. However, perhaps the new generation do have some arab blood since arabic is one of the languages spoken in the country.

SiennaInLondon said:

:flower:I'm proud of her.:flower: I hope that she uses her power somehow to lower the infant morality rate in certain countries because the rate's are really high, it's ridiculous.:cry:

smartarse said:
Interesting. But I have met indigenous Ethiopians (tribals) and they claim they are Ethiopians meaning do not have mixed blood of sorts. Not sure if they understood me or not, tho. However, perhaps the new generation do have some arab blood since arabic is one of the languages spoken in the country.

Yeah you're right, they're not mixed, depends on the tribe, they just adapted to their environment. Ethiopia's climate is different then western Africa, so they look diffrent than the 'blacks' we're use to. I wouldn't say she doesn't look 'black' because each section of Africa has a distinct look and there's not a concrete and consistant defeniton of what 'black' is. Whether it be south, west, central, and east each has a distinct look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->