Lizette Snorgaard

Whitelinen

Reaction score
I think her collection for S/S 07 has potential. Take a look: http://www.lizettesnorgaard.dk/

She's originally from Denmark, but now lives in London. She graduated from Design Akademiet in Copenhagen in 2004, and has worked and trained with Camilla Staerk. She launched her first own collection for F/W 05. Her work is sold in London at Nancy Pop.

What do you think? When I look at the other collection viewable on her site, I don't really like it, but the S/S is very good in my opinion. Maybe not the most original, but good.

Lizette Snorgaard graduated from Fashion Design Akademiet in spring 2004. After graduating, she has been working as a freelance designer and also completed an internship with the London-based designer Camilla Staerk.

Lizette is born and raised in Denmark but has lived in London for a considerable part of her adult life. This has had a significant effect on her overall aesthetic, which is a cohesive fusion of different - sometimes disparate - elements.

In her first collection for Fall/Winter, lizette has found inspiration in the complex subject that is contemporary femininty, the contradiction between the passive and the aggressive. This leads to a design aesthetic that places itself between the organic and the graphic, and comments on oppositions such as the feminine and the masculine by experimenting subtly with structure. An example of this contradictory sensibility is the 'spine' dress, which mirrors the harshness of the body's internal structure in a sensuous way.

Lizette hopes that her clothes will speak to women who have a developed and individual sense of personal style and want something, which is unique but subtle

From her website

There will never be enough black satin in the world, imo. I really like the little black dresses with the big (wooden?) beads and the black satin jackets. Very wearable and chic without being overly busy. :D I hope she decides to work with velvet, too.

I do think it would be difficult for someone to wear Ms. Snorgaard's work unless they are model thin. And I am sooooo tired of the big bow embellishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cherriesheep
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->