Karen Walker Supports Hailwood

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
ALL HAILWOOD
from vogue.co.uk...

KAREN WALKER has given Auckland-based designer Adrian Hailwood the nod as the new name to watch by sharing her limelight with him. When Walker won the Air New Zealand-sponsored Fashion Week Export Growth Award in October, she promised to share the $20,000 prize money with an up-and-coming designer and Hailwood is her man. The prize will allow both style makers to travel to London Fashion Week in February, where Walker will present her latest collection during an off-schedule show as well as introducing her new protégé to all the movers and shakers in the industry. "Adrian's clearly hungry to grow his business and to export, and his latest collection is thoughtful and has a fresh look which is important in terms of potential export success," Walker told the New Zealand Herald. "Also I think having a label that shares some common values and moods with mine is a benefit too as there's an easier fit with the people I'll be able to introduce him to." Hailwood, who admits that he is "absolutely thrilled" with his new opportunity, already has some stockists in London, Japan, Singapore and Los Angeles and is hoping to increase his profile in Asia and Europe as a result of it. "I'm really chuffed," he said. "I totally rate Karen and the gesture of her not only taking me but trusting me and seeing my potential is really special." (December 22 2004, AM)

aww I really adore Karen Walker's clothing and it's great to see her help an up and comer even if she herself is not that established.

I thought the Karen Walker from Will & Grace :ninja:

LOL so was I, I didn't even know that THIS Karen Walker existed actually :huh:

When Walker won the Air New Zealand-sponsored Fashion Week Export Growth Award in October, she promised to share the $20,000 prize money with an up-and-coming designer

great prize giving idea, sharing is cool

thanks for bringing it in softgrey :flower:

maarit said:
I thought the Karen Walker from Will & Grace :ninja:

:ninja: no idea who's Karen Walker from Will&Grace, or will&grace in general.. :D

here is karen walker the designer...
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350

and karen walker...the tv character...
very saucy and chic ...
it's a very 'stylish' show about a gay lawyer and his best 'gal pal'...takes place in nyc...
karen walker is a supporting character played by megan mullaly and she has a very sharp tongue and fabulous cleavage...:lol:

she's the sexy brunette...:heart:
promo pics form the show and one of her attending the oscars in her own clothes...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Karen Walker- every now and then she has (poorly advertised) outlet sales in local shop basements.
They rule.
-G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->