Loewe F/W 2017.18 : Max Overshiner by Steven Meisel

• Thread starter Deleted member 141523
  • Start date
Excited! Can't wait to see the female edition.
Who got loewe this season?

According to Loewe, it's for the next fall. Sorry about my mistake :flower:

I wonder how well Loewe Mens sell when their campaigns are always so unabashedly campy. Nothing wrong with that at all, but are guys actually buying the merch? Put Sasha or Natasha's face over this guy's face and women will lap it up.

Love the colours and set design, everything else fail to interest me.

This could've been really nice if it was a model that didn't look 12.

Overshiner?? That can't be his real surname, can it?
Anyway, the boy looks terribly young! Love the pieces, wish it was someone else instead of him.

It's so classic Gaultier in terms of the attitude, composition, set design, styling isn't it? It's just too bad it's an androgynous twink fronting it.

I also thought he was underage the 1st time I saw him, but he's actually a legal adult despite his appearence. I guess it's ok to wish it would have been another model aesthetic, some people just hated the doll era back in the 00s, but to start calling him gay slangs such as twink or child prostitute is just hateful and irrelevabt when it comes to expressing that idea. Face and body shaming for young adults with evident neoteny looks so bad in this forum.

OMG at the oversensitivity.

Nobody is shaming nor hateful towards this depiction since the effeminate twink-appropriation is clearly what they’re going for here, otherwise they wouldn’t have made him up this way.

I also thought he was underage the 1st time I saw him, but he's actually a legal adult despite his appearence. I guess it's ok to wish it would have been another model aesthetic, some people just hated the doll era back in the 00s, but to start calling him gay slangs such as twink or child prostitute is just hateful and irrelevabt when it comes to expressing that idea. Face and body shaming for young adults with evident neoteny looks so bad in this forum.

Oh I hated the babydoll phase!! Awful, awful wave, which never should've happened. :yuk:
Just to add, the Loewe man has been portrayed as consistently twinky and campy ever since Anderson took over. At least campaign-wise.

Maybe Jonathan Anderson just prefers twinks? (Hedi syndrome?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->